DVD Haul

Don't worry. I most emphatically do not think all Euro's are trash. Leone's my all time favorite director and I was born to listen to Ennio Morricone.

The Signature Collection of you know who arrived yesterday:
Image (205).jpg
Image (206).jpg

Image (207).jpg
Image (208).jpg

Image (209).jpg
Image (210).jpg

Image (211).jpg
Image (203).jpg

Image (204).jpg

Attachments

• Image (204).jpg
    Image (204).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 249
I bought the first two series of Black Mirror. I haven't seen any of these yet, so i think i may be in for a bit of a treat.

An impulse buy of the Babylon 5 box set DVD. I predict a rewatch in my near future.

I also bought the complete Andromeda box set too. I only ever dipped my toes into this and have only watched perhaps half a dozen episodes, but I’m hoping that I get into it.

My wife picked up The Roommate & Fifty Shades of Grey on Blu-ray from Poundland yesterday. For a pound I'll give anything a shot. I watched The Roommate last night and it's a pretty standard Bunny Boiler. It probably should have got to the point much quicker but I've seen far worse.

I, Tonya (superb) The Shape of Water (still to watch but with all the football, F1 and Tour de France on TV, it could be a while before I see this).

The Twilight Zone season one. This is best anthology series of all time, for alot of reasons.

Versailles, season 3 - given my work pattern I kept missing episodes when it was on tv

I have been a bit behind on my DC movie watching and the last DC film I saw was The Dark Knight Rises. I just bought Wonder Woman (which I started last year, but never got around to finishing) and The Justice League.

I also got Pacific Rim: Uprising.

I haven't seen too much of the newer Doctor Who series and really needed to address that. I bought the first 5 series just now and will start watching soon.

Bought TV documentaries, "Long Way Round" and "Long Way Down" from a charity shop for a tenner a few days ago.

Both aired over 10 years ago, starring Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman; and their epic motorcycle adventures travelling around the world from London to New York (LWR), and then John O'Groats to South Africa (LWD)

We went completely nuts and bought a whole bunch of old TV series on DVD, mostly complete series. Naked City, The Untouchables, the first five seasons of Saturday Night Live, etc.

First one being watched: The Addams Family.

Most frustrating: The "complete series" of The Munsters contains two copies of season one and none of season two.

Biggest purchase: The complete series Dark Shadows, which comes in a huge coffin-shaped box and weighs about fifteen pounds.

We went completely nuts and bought a whole bunch of old TV series on DVD, mostly complete series. Naked City, The Untouchables, the first five seasons of Saturday Night Live, etc.

First one being watched: The Addams Family.

Most frustrating: The "complete series" of The Munsters contains two copies of season one and none of season two.

Biggest purchase: The complete series Dark Shadows, which comes in a huge coffin-shaped box and weighs about fifteen pounds.
I recently got DVDs of SCTV.... where I live , 4th largest city in the USA, for some reason, Second City Television never had a complete airing, never knew why. SCTV had a continuing setting of the 'Melonville' TV station with a continuing cast of characters played by a fairly fixed set of actors. It was kind of a mix of SNL skits and a mild form of off-the-wall Monty Python... some improvisation in the continuing story. This show reminded me of the Bob and Ray (who played about 100 different character) radio show , understated , sometimes absurdist , with a lot of satire on radio shows and advertising, you had to pay attention since a lot of humor depended on the history of characters , a very funny show. SCTV did this too, without a live audience or dreaded laugh track. All the stars of SCTV went on to bigger things, the show was unique for TV , can't say I have seen anything like it since.

Having recently got myself a cheap telly with DVD player, today I finally browsed the DVDs in my local charity shops, and came home with a heap of fine things and possibly some appalling rubbish, but for 50p does it matter?
The Chronsesque highlights of today's haul are Rogue One, Interstellar, Iron Man 1&2, Thor, Hot Tub Time Machine, Quest For Fire, Ghostbusters 1&2, Troll Hunter, and Going Postal.
Plus ten other things, comedy and that

Knowing what I'm like, I shall probably be posting in this thread several times a year from now on.

Aniara.

Aniara_1sht_Art_R2_v2-1-616x904.jpg

A Swedish SF movie set on a lost colony ship. Thought it looked pretty interesting.