Star Wars Trilogy (4 disc set)
M*A*S*H - Season 1
M*A*S*H - Season 2
Ghost in the Shell SE (2-disc)
Ninja Scroll 10th Ann Ed (2-disc)
The Castle of Cagliostro SE
Perfect Blue
Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - The Complete Series
The Godfather DVD Collection (4-disc set)
Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier (2-disc set)
The Mummy UE (2-disc)
The Science of Sleep
Errr. Did somebody win the lottery?:D

I also got the BFI DVD of The Innocents. I had the barebones Fox DVD before but this one had some bonuses I really wanted to have. Jack Clayton's short film adaptation of Nikolai Gogol's The Overcoat was in itself worth the price of admission.

Hadn't been keeping up with this thread lately. Now I'm going to have to try to track down a copy of The Innocents -- lovely film, beautiful performances... one of the classic ghostly tales of the cinema... and an adaptation of Gogol's "The Overcoat"? How can I not???

Really enjoying Peep Show at the moment, so on one of those spur buying bouts I have on Amazon (that website will be the bankruptcy (isn't bankruptcy a random word to spell?) of me) I bought the box set of series one to four. Woot.

We recently got a new stereo to connect to the computer/tv in the lounge so I recently bought music dvd's of Steve Marriott live in London and Stackridge - The Forbidden City.

Yesterday Helen brought home a copy of The Stand,4 disk set. Last time i watched this was in the 90s when my sister rented it out thenforgot about it. We ended up staying up till about 3am trying to keep our eyes open to get it watched before it had to go back!

For fear of sounding like a complete child...

Daffy Duck 'The Best Of' (with the all important fantastic Duck Amuck)
James & The Giant Peach
Sense and Sensibility
Muppet Christmas Carol (the definitive version in my book!)
Spawn (ahem...cough...let's just gloss over this one eh?!)
9 and a Half Weeks (because it's a very good film and nothing else!!!! *blushes*

and recently in a DVD boxset on sale, Supernatural, Seasons 1 and 2. All the rest were VHS videos for 60p each from the League of Friends shop in the hospital I work in. Bargain much!! :D

Childish? Couldn't possibly comment.

*tries to hide copies of Willo The Wisp and Danger Mouse behind his back*:eek:

I think the Muppet Christmas Carol is brilliant, thing is it technically is the closest (if you ignore the penguins frogs and other anmals) as it has a narrator. You really cant dis Daffy either, hmmm, theres a complete of all his cartoons? Is it on play or Amazon? think my wife would love it!

Dangermouse was the greatest ever secret agent!:D:eek:

Time to update the movies again;
Rambo (good)
Beowulf (fair)
Allan Quartermain and the Temple of Skulls (definitely low budget; poor)
In the Name of the King (fair)
Jumper (fair)
AVP Requiem (fair; better than expected)

Enjoy!

Hit Man (good; better than expected)
Revolver (fair to poor; attempts to mess with viewer's mind)
National Treasure (fair)
Sands of Oblivion (Poor; the storyline had potiential)

Enjoy!

(Edit) the "Avoid these movies..." thread inspired me to post my rating system;
Excellent - worth seeing multiple times; definitely a worth addition to the DVD library.
Good - worth seeing in the theater, worth renting, depending on preference; worthy of a DVD purchase.
Fair - depending on preference; worth seeing in the theater, worth renting the movie but may not be worth purchasing the DVD/wait for it to appear in the discount bins.
Poor - only rent these if you are a fan of low budget flicks (most people should avoid these)
Stinker - avoid these; not worth the time wasted

Last edited:
I don't usually go out and buy a lot of DVDs at a time, but I was in a shopping mood yesterday, I guess. There was also a sale, 4 for $20. Predictably I found five I wanted. But one was only $3.99 aside from the sale, so I went ahead and bought it.

They are:

Zodiac - Robert Downey, Jr. and Jake Gyllenhaal (long and intricate, and not a perfect film, but interesting...especially because I've read the two books it was based on)

Hairspray - John Travolta, Christopher Walken, Michelle Pfeiffer and Queen Latifah, among others (I don't like Travolta at all, but this is a good movie, and it is actually possible to forget that it's him dressed up like a woman)

The Last King of Scotland - Forest Whitaker (I haven't seen this one yet, but it comes highly recommended)

Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again - Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White, and Larry the Cable Guy (not a big fan of the Cable Guy, but Bill Engvall is really, really funny)

And the fifth, Wordplay, which is a documentary about crossword puzzles and puzzle competitions. Sound boring? Believe, it isn't. This is a great documentary which, among other things, reveals that the Daily Show's Jon Stewart is a crossword fanatic.

I

The Last King of Scotland - Forest Whitaker (I haven't seen this one yet, but it comes highly recommended)

Forest Whitaker is simply immense (and chilling) in this movie. Probably his best ever performance.

Me? I just got myself a Laurel & Hardy collection (just a small six disc set, not the really expensive complete-all-they-ever-made set).

They still make me laugh:)

Me? I just got myself a Laurel & Hardy collection (just a small six disc set, not the really expensive complete-all-they-ever-made set).

They still make me laugh:)

I love Laurel & Hardy. They've been showing their films on Turner Classic Movies on Saturday mornings. I'm waiting for them to get to "The Music Box", which is my favorite...it's a short, but it's just about perfect. I'm sitting here trying to keep from giggling just thinking about it. :)