The Rise of Endymion (Hyperion Cantos)

malfunkshun

Stardog Champion
I am in a horrible dilemma. I was about 50 pages away from finishing 'The Rise of Endymion' by Dan Simmons, thus wrapping up the Hyperion series. Somehow I have lost the book, maybe on the bus, maybe I dropped it downtown on the sidewalk, who knows.

Anyway, I was up to the part where Aenea and Raul had just dropped off Fedman on Mars and they were on their way to some other planets to drop other people off.

I already checked the local used book store and they don't have it, I had bought the only copy. The nearest Barnes & Nobles isn't within walking distance, and I have no car at the moment.

So...

Will somebody please tell me what happens from then on until the end? A brief but detailed summary would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE, I'm begging!

Sorry I've only got the first book Hyperion and haven't even read that yet.

Give it a bit more time, there's bound to be somebody out there who knows.

No chance of borrowing this from the library then?

Sorry I've only got the first book Hyperion and haven't even read that yet.

Give it a bit more time, there's bound to be somebody out there who knows.

No chance of borrowing this from the library then?

Same here.

Surely you've read it by now?!? I'm actually less than 50 pages from the end having got further than the point you mentioned. I'm reading it on my iphone so the pages left are not representative of the typical printed page size.

Wondering about how it's going to end actually caused me to find this site!!
Other threads here talk about an amazing ending.
Some 'fun'(!) stuff has happened so far but I'm not sure if the 'amazing' part is around the corner or part of what I've read so far....we will see very soon.