Death The Movie

Nesacat

The Cat
Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
Just saw this on Sci-Fi wire:

Del Toro Wants Gaiman On Death

Guillermo del Toro, who is producing the film adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic-book miniseries Death: The High Cost of Living, told SCI FI Wire that he believes Gaiman is the right choice to direct the film, even though he's never directed a full-length feature before.

"I think that if anyone knows that character, it's him," del Toro said in an interview on the set of his current directorial project, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, in Budapest last week. "And then, if we need to create a support structure, we will. I mean, there is without a doubt no one more qualified to tell that story than Neil Gaiman in my mind."

The character of Death, as embodied by a perky young goth woman, first appeared in Gaiman's critically acclaimed comic-book series Sandman. In the three-issue miniseries Death: The High Cost of Living, she takes human form in order to better understand humanity, a ritual that happens once a century. During this time, she befriends a suicidal teen and teaches him the value of life.

Gaiman's only directing credit to date is A Short Film About John Bolton, a fictional story about the real-life artist told in documentary style. Earlier this year, Gaiman visited the set of Hellboy II to learn from del Toro and observe him at work. "We talked a lot," del Toro said. "We talked about him directing as soon as possible."

Del Toro expressed his confidence in Gaiman's vision as both a writer and a director. "I think that Neil is a guy that thinks in terms of ideas and very concrete images," he said. "He's not an artist in the sense that he's not a draftsman, but he is the creator of that universe. ... I think there's a great advantage to not knowing how things should be done. People just go and make them happen, because they don't know that they are impossible. ... I prefer first-time mistakes than 10th-time mistakes. I think these guys are going to have first-time things that no one else is going to do. So hopefully it will happen." — Cindy White

I've read that Selma Blair (Del Toro's leading lady in Hellboy I & II) is keen for the part, though apparently Del Toro isn't so keen...

Sounds like Neil Gaiman's career is seriously taking off in the movie business.:)
Well I guess there's a lot of worse people that could be directing movies.

Selma Blair does not feel very Death-like though. makes sense he's not so keen. But then again the only person I can think of is probably not even in the running - Monica Belucci.

Other suggestions from my colleagues are - Carrie-Anne Moss and Rachel Weisz