Season 2, Episode 6

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
As always with a title like this. There will be spoilers.

Finally, a view of the mission. Once again the heroes are off to save New York. Again? Seems a little repetitive to me! This time from a virus. It seems too neat and tidy when you think of Milander working for the Corporation, who is working on a mutation of the virus to take the powers away from "some" of the Heroes. Those with powers to great "to let them loose on humanity." (a creeply line which sounds like "double speak" [1984])

Maria and Silar teaming up?! This sounds too bad to be believed. It is interesting to note that both the brother and Silar threated to kill the other speaking a language they assumed the other could not understand. This would seem to me to be dubious assumption.

Do you think that Hiro is actually trapped in 16th century Japan? I suppose it could be. This may be a unrelated story line. But I still think that when he comes back and the past is rectified, we will see our story turned back to the place it was at the beginning of this season. I submit that Hiro must know more than he has written because at the end of the message he says "It was that kiss that changed everything."

Of course a lot of us could say that! :D

Where is Clare's story going do you think?

And what about her Dad? If he destroys the paintings is he destroying the future they point to? Is it possible to understand them without their context?

I also befuddled by the differences between Silar's power and Peter's. Peter has his but can't consciously control them. Whereas Silar is waiting for his and I would think his control of them, to return.

The good news is we are promised another new episode next week.:D

The danger this time is not to NYC; it's to the world. The plague that kills 93% of the population is a worldwide one.

The head cheerleader nonsense was far over the top and overblown. It needs to just go away. Hopefully it already did.

Are you sure? I thought the newspaper article talked about 93% of New York. They were clearly in New York when they found the paper.

Any Virus that has the ability to kill 93% of a population of more than 7 million people in one city should be considered a global threat.

I would look at this in similar lines as Avian Influenza. While there have only been 333 confirmed cases, and 204 deaths to date this virus is considered a global threat.

Well, this episode finally answered my question of..Why hadn't Peter absorbed Hiro's power?

Niki keeping an eye on mohinder......ermmm.
Hiro knocked off track by his libido? ew

And who is the name on the file that seems to have contacted Peter?

Well, this episode finally answered my question of..Why hadn't Peter absorbed Hiro's power?
What do you mean? I know we've seen him use Hiro's power in at least one or two previous episodes before this one, which means he did absorb it, and I don't recall anything about Hiro's power coming up in this episode other than in Hiro's story.

What do you mean? I know we've seen him use Hiro's power in at least one or two previous episodes before this one, which means he did absorb it, and I don't recall anything about Hiro's power coming up in this episode other than in Hiro's story.

me to? What Answer? Hiro has the most practice with his power and he still can't really control it and peter has access to all the powers he encounters but he has a hard time controlling them or even knowing he has them. I think Peter did absorb Hiro's power because way back in season one they Future Hiro and Peter were able to have a chat while everyone else was frozen in time but maybe that's a touch thing.

yes, in season 1, in the episode where hiro and ando go into the future, post-bomb, peter freezes time. and, yes, i believe peter gained his power during the incident on the train, with future hiro - i thought that they could have this chat, because peter had absorbed hiro's power. has anyone else ever been outside the time freeze when hiro does his stuff?

weasel soup, do you mean why hadnt peter used hiro's power? if so, id say because he doesnt even know about "powers" aside from the ones just turning up in him , as he has lost his memory.

and hiro's power was used by peter here, to travel to NY post-plague, with his new bird.

ps - i agree, what a dumb way for hiro to go out...

How do you tell the difference between Peter's Hiro-time-travel power and his dreamy-precog power? I agree it makes more sense that he did travel to the future if he took his lass with him. But he did communicate across time with his patient that he got the dreamy power from. I was remember how before Peter could fly, he dreamt about flying and I think he got that from his patient. Just rambling. . . I wonder if the writers have a cheet sheet about all the powers peter is supposed to have.

next peter question. Did he get all of Sylar's powers? I was trying to remember the origin of his telekenesis. Also, his lightning power suggest he may have spent some time close to that girl who was looking for him.

Peter losing his memory seems inconsistant with how he first learned to channel his abilities by thinking of the person from whom he recieved the power, unless, of course the powers are inate now.

Scott SF, dreamy precognition, I don't remember that one so much, maybe that is now coupled with the Isaac painting issue now perhaps?

When Peter previously used Hiro's Power was it part of the "in the future" story arc? I seem to struggle remembering it being used in the past story arc.

I thought ep 4 was slow and almost useless cause no story going on.

In this ep Hiro said he did something that fractured time. I think whatever he does wrong there is the cause of the trouble today in NYC. Kenzie's symbol and the company's are the same That is too big of a coincidence. Kenzie is prolly immortal and one of the leaders of the company. Almost like Superman who never gets old, i have read stories where he lived so long until the sun died.

Only bad thing with this ep is that how can Peter use Hiro's power or anyone's power when he cant remember them? He said before he has to picture the person to use their power. How can he use powers of people he has never seen and people he doesnt remember? They have to explain that or they ruin an interesting season.

My bet is that Peter is able to use his powers at this point only in time of dire need. If I understand correctly when a person has amnesia, it is not that the memories are lost, it is that the memories are not able to be accessed. --- Much like me, much of the time :( --- Peter cannot think himself into doing something, but when faced with a traumatic situation is sub-conscious kicks in and allows him to do what needs to be done. It also appears like he is gaining a bit of control in the last session. It wasn't immediate life or death that pushed him into New York's future. But it was something he needed to see at that point.

Back