Best lines from AMBER

From Sign of the Unicorn
Bill: "I've a peculiar feeling that I may never see you again. It is as if I were one of those minor characters in a melodrama who gets shuffled offstage without ever learning how things turn out"
"I can appreciate the feeling," I said. "My own role sometimes makes me want to strangle the author...." (That's the start of Corwin's words)
Bill has not turned up again after another 130 pages :)

I've always liked this one:

Oh, basely done! I had hoped for better of thee! - Borel of Chaos
This isn't exactly the Olympic Games. - Corwin

lots of excellent quotes and this made one me laugh when I read it.
I've finished the first 5 books and WOW, great writing, a fantastic story written with brilliant imagination.

Bill does come back now I've finished the stories and he learns more. 10/10 quality story.

Go on, Easygoingman, read the Merlin cycle, now. I think it's underrated. I for one enjoyed every bit of it.

[FONT=&quot]What do you want, anyway? - Merlin
Your blood, your soul, your mind and your body. - Mask
What about my stamp collection? - Merlin

[/FONT]

Hi Strife

I certainly will read it but not right now as I've got lots to read already. If I had more free time and cash I'd read it this weekend! The first five stories are certainly ones to treasure.

I trusted him like a brother, that is to say, not at all. - Corwin

I've read the first two books now (and the first chapter of the third), and am loving them.

[FONT=&quot]
Being stabbed takes a lot out of you - Luke
[/FONT]

"We are not yet beaten. You will be yourself again."
I shook my head.
"It is like the last chapter of Alice," I said. "If I shout, 'You are only a pack of cards!' I feel we will all fly into the air, a hand of painted pasteboards. - Corwin

"It is a pain in the ass waiting around for someone to try to kill you"
- Merlin, in _Trumps_of_Doom_

A black bird of my desire came and sat on my left shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west.

It said, "Eric-I'll be back," and it was signed: "Corwin, Lord of Amber."

A demon wind propelled me east of the sun.

Random to Bill Roth after Bill saw him for the first time and kneeled
"Cut the crap! We're not in Court!"

Re-Reading now for probably 12th time...

The Hand of Oberon, (where Zelazny inserts himself into the story...)-
(Corwin talking to Roger): "Good evening, Roger. How are things in the nether world?"
"A rat, a bat, a spider. Nothing much else astir. Peaceful"