Favorite Quotes

jordy_3491

Just basicly favorite quotes from any of Feists many wonderful books.

The day will come when I will look at him down the shaft of an arrow. I won't know until then if I shall let the shaft fly. Perhaps I will, perhaps not.
-Martin Longbow, Magician

Nice idea! I've a few from good old Bobby:

You're being told to think! What makes you imagine we care what you think? If you're thinking, that means you have too much time on your hands. I can fix that
- Robert de Loungville, Shadow of a Dark Queen

You spend your evenings sitting up in those bloody damn hills chilling your backside off for a while and see how different you look
-
Robert de Loungville, Shadow of a Dark Queen

another 1 from bobby:

this is my fiancee Katherine and if any of you murdering scum so much as look at her in a way to make hert blush ill have your liver on a stick- robert de longville rise of a merchant price

i was readin the book before;

Arutha: 'what if murmandamus has another magic trick to toss at us'?

Amos: 'then we will all die and guy will be sad for having lost the best company he's had in twenty years: me. you worry too much, lad. Have I ever told you that?

Darkness at Sethanon

Speaking of oranges... "There is no magick - only tricks." First spoken TO Nakor upon meeting him, but said BY him many times after.

And another favorite of mine, particularly when everyone seems to be facing dedly peril...

"Anybody want an orange?" (Reaching into his bag...) :)

Think i'll quickly go through all the books that have Nakor in and find some other great quotes, when i've got spare time. Should be good fun!

I don't remember the line exactly, but in The King's Buccanner, one of Arutha's sons (Borric?) is alone on a small boat and a pirate ship shows up. Borric pulls out a pocket knife and says, "Show your colors. You are now my prisoners."

"No" said Nakor."Humans mark the passage of events.Time doesnt care,time just is.But what is it?" He wore a delighted grin as he answered his own question."Time is what keeps everything from happening at once."

I feel this is the pure genius that is Nakor or Fiest himself for that matter,as I feel the whole discussion of the universe and time in the Darkmoor chapter in Rage of a Demon King was some of the most intellectual discussions ever written on the subject of universe and time,to think some sci-fi writer has such agood grip on these subjects -I love it

Lapis, this is one of the reasons I love Feist so much - he seems to be able to weave fant, sci-fi and real science into the books and does it so intelligently that the world of Midkemia becomes a believable place.

And I agree, that was a great discourse in RODK. I know a few PHd's who could learn a lot about how to present a lucid lecture by reading REF. :)

Yeah I loved that piece in RODk as well. it's part of waht got me looking at and readin philosophy which has opened up my lateral thinking about life in general a great deal.his ideas about Gods and their formation is something that interest me as well and seems more plausable thatn lots of other 'stuff' (couldnae resist) put forward.

'Nakor is the only man I've ever met who truly wants to know'

'Know what?'

'Everything'

Pug - I think, hope I haven't misquoted - tells Miranda how it's done!

This sums Nakor up completely, for me and is the major reason I love him as a character!

Overall Nakor is my favorite 'ongoing' character also. No one will replace Jimmy in my heart (I was actualy shedding tears when I read...) but IMO Nakor, like Gandalf the Grey and Michael Valentine Smith, is one of the finest fictional characters ever created. One of the main reasons is that he gets serious readers thinking about the world, the universe, life in general.

So glad to hear that he stimulated you to read philosophy and widen your world. I think he's had that effect on a lot of readers - particularly the younger ones. That's a legacy Feist can be proud of.

Everything is derived from energy - including real magick. Nakor just prefers the word 'stuff' to 'energy'. :)

And as such I think he also ecourages people to be more indiviual and not restricted to commonlace terms, thought processes or ways of looking at something!

Nakor possibly is my favourite fictional character, someting approaching a genuine free-thinker and an insightful one at that, combining humour with serious though. Kant reborn. But much more lovveable and generally more understandable!!!

I don't remember the line exactly, but in The King's Buccanner, one of Arutha's sons (Borric?) is alone on a small boat and a pirate ship shows up. Borric pulls out a pocket knife and says, "Show your colors. You are now my prisoners."

then they call borric madman after that till the city of kesh lol

As a smoker heres one I like.

"Providentially," said Kulgan, my pipe and my pouch are two things always kept on my person at all times. I can withstand the loss of my other goods-though the loss of my two books troubles me deeply-but to endure any circumstance without the comfort of my pipe is unthinkable."

Kulgan to Dolgan in a cave. Magician:Apprentice

Here's a nice one from Magician:

Giant barrels of dwarven ale, imported from Stone Mountain, had been hauled out of the cellars and were resting on protesting, overburdened wood frames. The workmen, alarmed at the fragile appearance of the barrel ricks, were quickly emptying some of the contents.
Magician, Chapter 2

Last edited:
A orange seller in Ashtunta is going to be very upset now.

Nakor in the King's Buccaneer when the ship sinks and his rift bag is ruined