Favorite Quotes

Real personal favourite quote is Rage of a Demon King

Owen Greylock to Simon de Beswick (about Erik von Darkmoor)
"That man may be the best soldier I've ever known, and I've been training them for thirty years. When this war comes, you incompetent lily, he is your best hope for staying alive. If you have the brains god gave a flea, you will try to learn everything he has to teach you about surviving in these mountains. If you cross him one more time, I will give him permission to call you out, and if you face him with sword in hand, he will kill you. Do you understand?"

Sorry for long quote but always loved that :D

This thread is giving me a reason to go back through all my fav bits in the books (which I have just finished re-reading) to find some quotes. Keep them coming people, they all make me smile!

Amos Trask - "Ah Arutha, you take all the fun out of life."

And the story Jimmy tells about the black cat who stole from a magician. Think its in Silverthorn but I am to lazy to go find the exact quote.

Jimmy, "Relax Laurie, you either marry her or you won't"

A funny one from The Kings Buccaneer... Technically the funniest bit isn't actually written down, but that nearly makes it funnier as all we see is Arutha's reaction. It takes place just after Nicky and Harry have crushed a small boat between Amos' and the dock and Arutha has called them to account for thier actions...

'You didn't see it?' said the Prince 'How could you miss the biggest warship in the Krondorian fleet when it was less than a hundred feet away!'

Nicholas whispering 'Good story, Harry, you obviously spent a lot of time thinking about it.'

I have heaps, but I'll start off with two of my Favourites1 "There is no right, there is only power"Ashen-Shugar, A Darkness at Sethanon2 "Tremble and despair, for I am power!"Pug, Magician: Book 2 Milamber and the Valheru

ug, Im disgusted with the way that last post turned out, and I can't edit it twice, so Ill try again.

I have heaps, but I'll start off with two of my Favourites

1 "There is no right, there is only power"

Ashen-Shugar, A Darkness at Sethanon

2 "Tremble and despair, for I am power!"

Pug, Magician: Book 2 Milamber and the Valheru

Wow, didn't even know I had this site bookmarked still and show up to see one of my few posts still on the first pages. Seems I must add to it with a few good quotes I've collected and saved over the last few years.

"Legends are common enough. Turn up any rock on the beach and you'll find one."
-Kulgan

“There are many ways to love someone. Sometimes we want love so much, we’re not choosy about who we love. Other times we make love such a pure and noble thing, no poor human can ever meet our vision. But for the most part, love is a recognition, an opportunity to say, ‘There is something about you I cherish.’ It doesn’t entail marriage, or even physical love. There’s love of parents, love of city or nation, love of life, and love of people. All different, all love.”
-Laurie

"My father said once that a hero is someone who simply got too frightened to use his good sense and run away, then somehow lived through it all."
-Arutha

"The thing about madness is that you can only be crazy so long. After that you either kill yourself or get better. I got better."
-Nakor

“I wish people would stop hitting me to make a point.”
-Borric II

"Love is not the simple romance that the tales make it out to be."
-Marie

And last but not least, my favorite outta the bunch ...

"Any trap has some weakness. Even something as simple as a rock dropped from above has a design flaw: it can miss."
-Marcos the Black

A funny one from The Kings Buccaneer... Technically the funniest bit isn't actually written down, but that nearly makes it funnier as all we see is Arutha's reaction. It takes place just after Nicky and Harry have crushed a small boat between Amos' and the dock and Arutha has called them to account for thier actions...

'You didn't see it?' said the Prince 'How could you miss the biggest warship in the Krondorian fleet when it was less than a hundred feet away!'

Nicholas whispering 'Good story, Harry, you obviously spent a lot of time thinking about it.'

yeah and then one of them says "well, we had right of way" and Arutha goes off his nut again (or it coulda been Amos).

and there's good ole jimmy the hand with "There's two ways to open a Lock, use a pick, or a REALLY big hammer" or something along those lines

'Never accept the proposition that just because a solution satisfies a problem, that it must be the only solution'

Macros the Black, Magician

Amos's Line: Arutha you take the fun out of life or alternatley you still take the fun out of life
Jimmy/James: Untill the cat is skinned