Book Review: Imperial Traitor, Mark Robson

dwndrgn

Fierce Vowelless One
My apologies to the author and publisher and site admin for such a late review - completely my fault and I'm sorry for it. In any case, should anyone be interested, here is my review:

Imperial Traitor, the third in the series, does not disappoint. Mark Robson brings the series to an end with a flourish – we get some surprises, some expected conflict and a dash of humor to spice it up.

Reynik and Femke are deep into the turmoil of Shandar. The Emperor Surabar, their erstwhile benefactor has been murdered. His handpicked successor is believed dead. The Guild of Assassins is out to get them both. Can they rally their allies and halt the descent into anarchy their nation is currently witnessing?

Robson’s deft use of his knowledge of strategy and a healthy respect for logic and humor make this an easy read, you will pick it up and zip right through – fascinated by the twists and upheavals. He has manipulated his characters into places they never thought they would go. Their all too human worries, distractions and interactions create a story that develops on many levels. His characters traverse the web of life; experiencing love, loyalty, betrayal, doubt and sincerity in all their myriad forms.

I would definitely recommend this to those who have read his previous Darkweaver series as you might be surprised who steps in to help the distraught heroes. However, this series is most definitely not a continuation of that first series. Set in the same world with some crossover in characters, this series definitely stands on its own and will enchant newcomers of all ages as well. In fact, you might see more of these characters at a later date as the author smoothly left a small thread loose, a possibility of what may, or may not, come later. Regardless of that loose thread, the series is definitely brought to a close here in this third book, while some things are left for you to ponder, you will not be left looking over that cliff wondering what will happen next.

dwndrgn

Amazon link:
Amazon.com: Imperial Traitor (Imperial Trilogy): Books: Mark Robson