City of Secrets publication delayed

hm, it's something often overlooked as it is obviously not a glorious chapter in the history of the Catholic church. If you strictly follow the rules, it's genocide.

Well, not exactly genocide, since the Cathars were not racially different from the French in the north. But certainly religious persecution; perhaps "holocaust" wouldn't be too strong a word to use, since Arnaud-Aimery and de Montfort between them developed a "no prisoners" strategy. (still that applied to Cathars and Catholics alike in towns which wouldn't give the heretics up.)

We can certainly say they were war criminals. As you say, a shameful episode, that lasted for 20 years of open war and more like a century of persecution.

Mary

My first post just HAD to be in the Stravaganza forums seeing as they are possibly one of my favourite books of all time!

*Begins mini-rant*
I am so upset by the publication delay. Whatever higher power there is must be annoyed at me or something because here I was, thinking that I could have City of Secrets stacked on my bookshelf before summer until BAM! Another delay. If it wasn't for the fact I love these books so much, I'd probably would have given up the series altogether. Honestly.
I guess I must content myself with re-reading City of Masks and City of Flowers (my 2 favourites!)....
*Ends mini-rant*
:rolleyes:

My first post just HAD to be in the Stravaganza forums seeing as they are possibly one of my favourite books of all time!

I am so upset by the publication delay. Whatever higher power there is must be annoyed at me or something because here I was, thinking that I could have City of Secrets stacked on my bookshelf before summer until BAM! Another delay. If it wasn't for the fact I love these books so much, I'd probably would have given up the series altogether.
:rolleyes:

I'm so sorry, Higher Perfection! I'm guessing from your name that you like things to be, well, perfect, as do I.

I am anxiously waiting for proofs now, which have to be corrected by 13th but they were supposed to come on 28th Feb. The publishing processes are such that there are only certain slots and, although the cover of Secrets is now approved, we are waiting for a few changes on the first three.

So 7th July it is and that means maybe you can get it before going away on summer holidays, if you are. And I do hope you find it worth the wait. Welcome to the site!

Mary

I'm so sorry, Higher Perfection! I'm guessing from your name that you like things to be, well, perfect, as do I.

I am anxiously waiting for proofs now, which have to be corrected by 13th but they were supposed to come on 28th Feb. The publishing processes are such that there are only certain slots and, although the cover of Secrets is now approved, we are waiting for a few changes on the first three.

So 7th July it is and that means maybe you can get it before going away on summer holidays, if you are. And I do hope you find it worth the wait. Welcome to the site!

Mary

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm kind of a hypocrite, expecting things to be perfect all the time when I'm far from it! :D
I was speaking to one of my friends on another forum and we can't wait for City of Secrets! In fact, it comes out two days after my birthday so I've been 'oh so casually' hinting to everyone that I expect at least one copy on my desk at midnight!

Is there any website that has the cover? Maybe I haven't searched around well enough yet and all but I would really like to see it, if you have a link or anything....;)

I hope you don't mind me posting the cover!

I like it, although it's so different from the covers of the first Stravaganza trilogy (although I don't know what they look like in the UK, since I bought the Dutch translation...)

51v%2BtrlP%2BbL._SS500_.jpg

i am very happy to hear that you will write a 5th strav. book. i love the three that out now and can't wait for the next to come!

For some reason what I've tried to post twice here keeps not showing up. Last try...

I will definitely be ordering with Amazon now if there's a chance of that. The Candian Chapters/Indigo site says that we'll only be getting the paperback edition..and in August as well! I'd never be able to wait that long with everyone else already having finished the book.

About the new series covers though...will there be one of the original ones for City of Secrets? Luciano's Talian notebook pattern makes them all look so perfect on my book shelf that I'd hate to see them go!

Sorry, alexx, for the inconvenience. Because you have less than 15 posts, the anti-spam software caught the partial URL (amazon.com) in your previous messages, and automatically placed them on hold, awaiting moderation. Having just seen them, I was ready to approve them, but since at this point they're basically duplicates of what you were finally able to post, I've moved them instead.

Oh, yeah I thought that might be it. Thanks a lot for the confirmation though...looks like I won't have that problem anymore, I'm here to stay!

I just wanted to say hi everyone and congratulations on finding a lovely new site...and in the spirit of Tru I've also decided to keep my old name. I didn't even know there was a fourth book (that tells you how much time I spend trying to keep up) and I'm super busy and I don't know how often I can post...but it's nice to be back among the bibliophiles!

Alexx - is that my Canadian friend I met in Toronto? And Rosie, hi to you also - from the forum?

Sorry but I've only just seen these posts. I've been in Italy, writing Troubadour and am off to Atlanta tomorrow (4th) so a quick hello.

And there IS only going to be a paperback of City of Secrets in the UK and places like Canada and `Australia that would normally get an "export paperback". If you want the hardback you must get the American edition from Amazon (hope this does not cause my post to be deleted, Teresa!).

But it still won't match, Alexx, as the new cover is to tie in with the re-launch of the first three. I like the new jackets and will upload them when Mark Robson teaches me how to.

But I suppose those of us who were in on Stravaganza from the beginning will always have a soft spot for those marbled jackets.

All best and welcome to the Chrons.

Mary

There are a certain number of posts a new member has to get past before the software will allow him or her to post links, Mary. You're well past that point, so you have nothing to worry about. You can post all the links you like.

Hi Mary! It is the alexx you met in Toronto! Or rather, I am Alex from Toronto. Hi to rosie from the old forum as well! ..About the covers though, I suppose I'll have to cancel my preorder with amazon.co.uk and put in a new one with the American site to get the hardcover then? I still have to mourn the loss of the old covers a bit...though the new ones remind me a bit of Tamora Pierce books with each stravagante on the cover!

update: I just read on amazon.co.uk that the edition I ordered was specifically a hardcover copy. Is this wrong, Mary?

Last edited:
About the covers though, I suppose I'll have to cancel my preorder with amazon.co.uk and put in a new one with the American site to get the hardcover then?
update: I just read on amazon.co.uk that the edition I ordered was specifically a hardcover copy. Is this wrong, Mary?

Well, I know there is no British hardcover - maybe amazon.co.uk is stocking some American hardcovers? The price should tell you. If it's £12.99 or up it must be a hardback.

I'm coming round to the new covers. I mean, I've always liked them, but I'm beginning to think of them as the right covers.

Mary