Ending A Series Blues

I dont mind endings, because there are so many other titles out there, its huge!

oh god yes! this happens to me all the time!
When its a series that Ive gotten particularly attached to I tend to feel gutted at the end of it

I'm with the others on Thomas Covenant but great that Donaldson has begun a final series.

I suspect I'll be unhappy when Erikson's Malazan series comes to a close but I strongly suspect it won't be the last we hear of this world given several novellas have already been published.

Having said that I'm with Kelpie on this one, generally speaking I'm glad to see the end of a series no matter how good it is because it forms a kind of literary closure for me rather than having to wait several more years before the final book in a series will be published. Then of course there's always the reread...:)

Yeah... David Gemmell's Rigante series. I was really sad when I finished that, so I went back and started it over again. only got half way through the first book before I found new books to read, though... And yes, I agree.. Harry Potter will be very sad when over

I don't want ASoIaF to end and I certainly do NOT want Harry Potter to end.

I was at a loss when Robin Hobb's Fool & Fitz saga ended, didn't quite know what to do with myself...

xx

As much as I have enjoyed WOT so far, I think I will not be too unhappy when the final volume appears. As long as all of the issues in the story are completed satisfactorily! Perhaps if the volumes had been published without such a long wait in between I might feel differently.

Whereas I didn't want The Axis Trilogy nor The Wayfarer Redemption to end, there were a number of instances in each series where I had to reach for the tissues! The last volume of The Wayfarer took me a lot longer to read than normal, trying to make it last.

However, it seems as though Ms Douglass is writing a sequel, so another book on the to get list.:)

I felt sad when I finally got to the end of the 12 book Ace Conan . The series ended with an aging Conan leaving the kingship of Aquilona to his oldest son Prince Conn and journeying across the Atlantic to do battle with a evil threading the whole world and explore and carve out a new kingdom. He ends up in what would become Mexico and became the basis for Quetzalcoatl.