Lexicon Urthus

cadre

While looking up information about the Book of the New Sun I happened to stumble upon references to the Lexicon Urthus. It sounds like this dictionary meets encyclopedia on the Urth cycle could be a valuable reference for any fan of the series. Unfortunately this seems to be out of print and the only copies I have been able to find are way out of my price range (most are over $200).

Some more searching revealed that spiral bound photocopies are available from the publisher Sirius Fiction. On Sirius' website there is also mention of a second edition of the lexicon currently being worked on which will include numerous additions. Unfortunately the last update was in 2006. Does anyone know if this is still in the works? If so, anyone know of a potential release date?

Not really. The site says the book is a couple of years off so don't expect anything before the end of 2008.

Not really. The site says the book is a couple of years off so don't expect anything before the end of 2008.

Hmm... that's too bad. Anyone know of any other similar resources either online or in book format?

Sounds like the 2nd Edition of the Lexicon Urthus is on track for a 2008 release. The Lexicon's publisher, Sirius Fiction, has a signup to be notified when the 2nd edition is ready. This is great news for BotNS fans like myself who missed out on the book the first time around.

OH..forgot to update here I' got a copy of Lexicon Utrhus a couple of months back. Very useful if you're wading through Gene's Sun sequence. It's obviously a labour of love on the part of the people who compiled this.

It was available in paperback and was only approx $30 OZ.

I reviewed Lexicon Urthus for Interzone, and was much impressed.