Help! Time travel and The Black Death...?

mountainmama

mountainmama
I'm searching for a novel and especially the author (I think it was a woman) of a book I read this year.

Great spec fic novel about a time travel/history student who gets stuck in the past during the local onset of the the Black Death, while back in her future an outbreak of a mysterious virus quarantines the university department and the machine that can bring her home, while her colleagues and teacher (those that survive) are desperately trying to convince the authorities that she is at risk and they need to access the machine to bring her back.

It was fairly recently written, and I noticed that she has written at least one more book...but I can't remember her name or the name of the book. The library I borrowed from unfortunately don't have records of borrowings, and no-one there can think of the book. I'd really love to read some more of her writing. Can anyone help?

Doomsday Book is one of my favorites. I wanted to reread it the other day but realized I'd lent it to someone years ago.

I think I like the sound of that story, The Doomsday Book. Sounds pretty interesting and similar to my own book The Civilization Loop. Time travel stories have always interested me, I would love to visit other times and see history or experience the times to come. Not being an avid reader, that is probably why I have never seen this story, something I need to work on in the future! But for now, I would just love to go to places like Egypt, or on a quest to find Atlantis, see where Troy stood, the walls of Jericho, explore craters and other ancient sites. That's true time travel!

Back