ANNOUNCEMENT: The H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival

Curt Chiarelli

Yog-Sothothery on the Fly
Greetings My Fellow Cthooligans:

Another year closer to the big day when R'lyeh's rises from the depths of the Pacific and we can sing our hosannahs to Andrew Migliore's brainchild, the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival, to keep our diabolical little minds occupied in the meantime.

Here's the details:

Venue Location: Hollywood Theatre, 4122 N.E. Sandy Boulevard, Portland Oregon 97212, United States of America
Telephone: (503) 493-1128
Facsimile: (503) 335-9305
Recorded Information: (503) 281-4215
Map:Map of 4122 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland, OR by MapQuest

Date: October 5,6 & 7th, 2007 C.E.

Guests of Honour: Berni Wrightson, John Carpenter, Richard Band, and a piping host of unnameable others (although some might be disagreeable to your sanity)!

Films: The Thing, The Nine Lives of Mara, Cthulhu, In the Mouth of Madness, Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, The Statement, Experiment Eighteen, Calls For Cthulhu and a teeming horde of other journeys into eldritch terror!

Admissions:
- Supporter Pass
(Includes: 2007 Festival T-Shirt and 2007 Festival Poster)
Regular Price: $60.00 USD

- Weekend Pass
Regular Price: $39.00 USD

- Friday Pass
Regular Price: $13.00 USD

- Saturday Pass
Regular Price: $16.00 USD

- Sunday Pass
Regular Price: $16.00 USD

Inquiries:
Telephone: (503) 493-1128
Facsimile: (503) 335-9305
E-Mail: info@hplfilmfestival.com.
Web: The H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival: Cosmic Horror & Weird Tales

Hope to See You There!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rather surprised there hasn't been any response to this. I've not been able to make it to the one in Portland, but the one here (which Andrew put on) was quite enjoyable, and I got to see a lot of things I'd not have seen otherwise. This being the original, I'd strongly urge anyone who is a Lovecraft fan and can go to do so....

... and, of course, to come back and give us reviews and news on it.

By the way... who else (the piping host) is going to be there?

Yes please tell us all about it when it's over, Curt, especially what crazy things the aficionados did during the festival! :)

By the way... who else (the piping host) is going to be there?

Well let's see . . . . Guillermo del Toro had to beg off this year due to his schedule filming Hellboy II. John Carpenter will be joining us via a specially pre-recorded video message. Berni Wrightson will be there live and in person along with Richard Band, S.T. Joshi, Richard M. Price, Hans Rodionoff, Joseph Scrimshaw, Tim Uren, Richard Manfredi, Shaun Kurtz, George Higham, Stephen Parsons and Joseph S. Pulver Sr.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I couldn't be there and I would have liked to meet Joshi.

Can Curt let us know what transpired??

Hi GOLLUM and Nesa:

I'll be writing of my misadventures and merry meetings with the acolytes of Cthulhu someday soon. Right now the stars are not right . . . . Patience my friends!

The H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival & CthulhuCon is always my happiest week-end of every year. The title has been extended to include CthulhuCon because my friends and I have been, these past few years, working diligently to bring more and more Mythos writers to the event, and have had great success. There are now more panels and authors' readers than ever before. It is a wonderful place to meet Cthulhu Mythos writers, artists, film makers, &c. The dealer's room is always so deliciously tempting.

I am really hoping that this year we will be able to see the new film from The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society, The Whisperer in Darkness, on the big screen. It was on the big screen in the main auditorium that I first beheld their silent The Call of Cthulhu -- an amazing experience. If y'all have seen the new trailer for the forthcoming The Whisperer in Darkness, ye will know what an amazing film it is going to be, especially on a big movie house screen, with that awesome soundtrack music in stereo. Great Yuggoth!

It is so thrilling, to meet with and be surrounded by hundreds of Lovecraft fans, to attend an event that is utterly devoted to HPL and ye Cthulhu Mythos. And it is always a wonder to see the films that have been inspired by the Genius of Providence. The crowd is always so friendly, and so excited about Lovecraft! Last year the night club where we meet for after hours frolick had a great drink menu, which included three nameless absinthe formulae. There was even a salad named after my Sesqua Valley!

You must attend, you will have the time of your life. It is the finest Lovecraftian gathering and celebration I have ever attended. My hopes are high for MythosCon -- but this is its first year, and first-year conventions can oft be low-key. The Lovecraft Film Festival has been going for, what, fifteen or seventeen years? It is simply fabulous!