Anne Rice...

Eidurson

I'm thinking of reading one of her series of books, either the Mayfair Witches or the Vampire Chronicles.

Can anyone recommend which I should read first?

I'm thinking of reading one of her series of books, either the Mayfair Witches or the Vampire Chronicles.

Can anyone recommend which I should read first?

Not a big fan of Anne Rice, myself, but from my understanding the two eventually converge... so you might want to read them in the order they were written, as I believe she plays on similar themes, eventually bringing together both series as a larger whole.

Anyone who is a Rice fan... correct me if I'm wrong here....

Well, as I said, you may want to check with some genuine Rice fans to be sure my information is correct on that -- though I've come across several places now -- but the first novel out of either group there is Interview with the Vampire (1976). You can also find bibliographies of her work around on several sites. Here are only two:

Anne Rice

Anne Rice Bibliography

Incidentally, I'm moving this to the authors' forum, as it seems more appropriate than the SFF Lounge....

I've read the first three novels of the Vampire chronicles:
The Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
The Queen of the Damned
I personally liked the three and they are hailed as the best of the series by fans...but the ones after that, went gradually down hill IMO.

I've read the first three novels of the Vampire chronicles:
The Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
The Queen of the Damned
I personally liked the three and they are hailed as the best of the series by fans...but the ones after that, went gradually down hill IMO.

Thanks for that. How would you describe the books in a quick paragraph?