A bit off the beaten path....

j d worthington

This one is, I suppose, largely for the Lovecraftian scholars or completists/collectors, though I'd say there are probably things in the book that would appeal to general readers who give it a chance, too. At any rate, there was apparently a book put out in 2005 of stories by HPL's amateur colleague, W. Paul Cook, which I just found out about because of a book on Cook coming out through Hippocampus Press.

Here's the information on each:

UTPress / University of Tampa

W. Paul Cook: The Wandering Life of a Yankee Printer - Hippocampus Press

There's also a paperback of the book of stories, which is available through Amazon and other sites for very reasonable prices (the pb for as low as $11 or $12 US).

As I said, I'm not sure how wide the interest would be, but thought I'd pass it along... I've read little bits by Cook (plus his memoir of HPL, which remains one of the best written), and I'd say his work is both very approachable and engaging. At any rate... for those so inclined... enjoy!

This one is, I suppose, largely for the Lovecraftian scholars or completists/collectors, though I'd say there are probably things in the book that would appeal to general readers who give it a chance, too.

Yes, I've read, and it is a great little collection of very short, humorous stories set in rural Vermont. I can't recommend it enough!

Ah! Good to see you around! Thanks for the feedback... yes, I did something very foolish and went ahead and ordered a copy... so much for the budget, but such things are always worth it, I find....