looking for a suggestion on what to read next.

huxley

i read an indiana jones book I liked it. It had adventure , great character, good visuals, good plot.

Do you think there any other books like it or similiar? (and don't say read another indiana jones book. I all ready know of them looking to find out about another book)

I like good main characters that go on a mission, ex: indiana jones, I also like the stainless steel rat. (stories like those are great) do you guys know of any other stories like those?

thanks

You could try 'Temple' by Matthew Reilly. I enjoy these. I think of them as 'light action/adventure'. I'm not very good at describing but they tend to have a central character with an 'aim'. I would suggest reading 'Temple' first, he has others but the Schofield ones are not as good and 'Contest' is a bit different.
Hope this helps.

Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series. It is older, very humourous light science fiction series that follows an interstellar adventurer/crook/special agent through a variety of adventures on different planets, times, etc. Edit: Durr, didn't read the OP properly, disregard SSR

Also, a series that is less humorous, but with better characterization. Lois Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan series. Science fiction again, but it is light, entertaining and has the same Indiana Jones feel to it.

Last edited:
I was also going to suggest Matthew Reilly. Try Seven Ancient Wonders, that was a good one. It's just like reading an action movie, which is fantastic if you're in that sort of mood..

thanks guys. I just want to say that I like books that are "easy " to read. It's hard to explain. books that don't ramble, books that start out and you can't place a location or anything.

I like books that you can visualy paint pictures right off the bat, that don't ramble or drag on. just straight forward. I don't know if my explanation was clear or not.

anyway, thanks again.

Jim Butcher still fits your description. Short, easy to read, fast paced, adventurous and funny. What more could you want (other than loads more Indy books ;-) )

Only two that come to my mind would be Conan by Robert E. Howard (haven't read yet) and Orcs by Stan Nicholls - a quick pacing book with well described sword fights and some unconventional heros. Both are now availible in omnibus editions as well.

thanks guys. I just want to say that I like books that are "easy " to read. It's hard to explain. books that don't ramble, books that start out and you can't place a location or anything.

I like books that you can visualy paint pictures right off the bat, that don't ramble or drag on. just straight forward. I don't know if my explanation was clear or not.

anyway, thanks again.

Definitely Matthew Reilly then. Exactly like you described.. Also he has a brand new one coming out which looks really good, called six ancient stones.

Jim Butcher still fits your description. Short, easy to read, fast paced, adventurous and funny. What more could you want (other than loads more Indy books ;-) )

And, you can get a taste of the writing style at his website: Jim-Butcher.Com: Home

There are sample chapters of the books up there. "Storm Front" is the first one. :)