herroes origins

Princess Ivy

Damsel in this dress
a new spin off show is being advertised to run concurrently with heros. apparently this series will showcase a hero every week, one of whom will then be included in the line up for season 3.
anyone heard anything about this?

I heard about it too but I was wondering when it was going to air, or if it was just going to be on the internet. I had thought (hoped!) it would be before season 2 but maybe it'll be during the next break. I've heard viewers can vote for their favorite origins hero of the week and that's the one who'll join the cast. We'll have to keep our eyes open!

You are both correct that it will focus on a different (new) hero each week and viewers will be able to vote online for their favourite.

Heroes Origins is due to be released during the normal six week hiatus on US television (i think to help reduce the viewing figure drop which always happens when shows do this, hence the reason LOST will have less episodes in its next season and start in February 08). I had read somewhere that BBC2 were very interested in being involved with this. However, as Series 2 begins in the US on the 24th Sept and the BBC haven't finished the 1st series this looks unlikely :(

I found some information on TV.Com

"Originally on: NBC (60 min.) Status: New Series Premieres: April 1, 2008 Last Aired: January 1, 2008
Show Category: Action/Adventure
NBC has added a new Heroes spin-off to its roster, Heroes: Origins. The new show will introduce a new character each week and the TV audience has the opportunity to choose their favorite character by voting at the Heroes website on NBC.com. The chosen character will become a new cast regular the following season. The new series will air on Mondays in the Heroes time slot with only six episodes, most likely during the spring hiatus, or following the completion of season 2 looking to add the new character as a regular on season 3."

I think Hiro must have been around when writing this.. How else do you have a first showing on April 1st 2008, but haveing last aired on Januaray 1st 2008?

There are rumours that this has been cancelled due to the writers strike.

On BBC2 in the UK we get Heroes Unmasked. The show features interviews with cast and crew members as well as special effects artists discussing the process behind the creation of each episode as well as revealing plot backgrounds and future stories. Needless to say, it rocks.

Such a ploy this spin off.

Focusing on making the main series even instead of this i say.

Heroes is great one ep and sucks the next these days.