Finished Imperial Traitor =]

I am only about half way through my copy of Imperial Traitor.. I don;t want to finish it though, I love the world of Shandar and Thrandor, its simply amazing.... though I guess all good things must come to an end :(

Finished.
Fantastic book witha very epic ending. I loved it, and the open ending worked well. I was so glad to see calvyn, i had bet myself 5-1 odds he would be back, and he was.

Glad you liked it, Matt.

More good news - my Editor likes what I've done to Dragon Oracle, so I've only got some minor tweaks to do and that will be out of my hair as well. I started writing Night Dragon today. :)

I was being a bit tongue in cheek about 'sparring partners'! The public YA programme in Edinburgh tends to be lively discussions on various themes - I did an apocalyptic fiction panel, there was one on villains and heroes, another on Orwellian themes and our 'Big Brother' society - all kinds of things, a mix of serious and fun. It can be quite an international audience - lots of tourists. Individual authors do their own thing on their own books for the schools programme. Publishers have to stump up as there are costs involved and the organisers decide who they want, but there's never any harm in offering ideas....

All the best with the new book.

I see we cross-wired there! How about a debate on whether dragons have been overdone in fantasy fiction? I think I know what the public would say, but if we had dragon writers vs non dragon writers, it could make for a fun debate.

More good news - my Editor likes what I've done to Dragon Oracle, so I've only got some minor tweaks to do and that will be out of my hair as well. I started writing Night Dragon today. :)

Great news, Mark - that's two lots of congratulations in one week! :D

Now, if you can just get Night Dragon written within the next couple of weeks or so, you're sure to keep your ravenous fans happy...

Great news, Mark - that's two lots of congratulations in one week! :D

Now, if you can just get Night Dragon written within the next couple of weeks or so, you're sure to keep your ravenous fans happy...

Ah, how I wish it were that easy, Patrick. Even better would be to have those elves come in during the night and write it for me, then I might get out and play more golf! Finished the first chapter last night, though, so I'm off to a good start. I hope to break the back of the second today.

Thanks for your good wishes. I look forward to seeing you again in Aylesbury in a couple of weeks. :)

Wow, you're like some sort of writting demon Mark! But I mean that in a good way of course!

I finished Imperial Traitor yesterday, and I have to say I loved it! I wasn't disapointed with the ending either, it was brillient, having the series end as it started, it just goes to show how the life of a Spie is in Shandar, always embarking on the next mission ;)

Finished Imperial Traitor this morning. It was really good and I know Mark hates this but I think the next book should come out very soon as I can't wait much longer.

I already read books by many other authors...
Trudi Canavan
Chistopher Paolini
Eoin Colfer
Robert Muchamore
Charlie Higson
David Eddings
Andy Mcnab
Angie Sage
J K Rowling
Jenny Nimmo
Michelle Paver
just to name a few that i have on my bookcase

Key names missing from your list are: Jonathan Stroud, Philip Reeve, Joseph Delaney, and my most recent discovery - Mary Hoffman. I've just read her book, The Falconer's Knot, which was excellent and will be reading her Stravaganza series shortly.

In the meantime, I'd better try to write faster! :D

I finished reading it a while back but I've been busy at uni and only just gone back onto chronicles.

Loved the book but...

(spoiler)How could you kill off Jabal?!

I know what you mean, Balinor. It's always hard to kill off likeable characters, but life is tough sometimes. Not all the good guys necessarily make it to the end. Will be sending you an email shortly with something new for you to read. :)

Thanks Mark, running out of books to read at Uni! (ok, so I really should start reading my course books but who wants to do that?) Look forward to hearing from you.

Got the book and read it today, been looking for it for ages, whenever I went to the shop they had sold out. Looking forward to a hopeful fourth :)

Welcome, Dralanco. Nice to see that you perservered. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm not yet sure about a fourth. I wrote the series as a trilogy, but left a deliberate open thread to be able to return to in time, should the publishers wish me to. I've got some good ideas for a follow on series, but I'm currently writing dragon stories, so you can look forward to a rash of four new books in the next 18 months.

Back