Heroes 1.05: Hiros

Snowdog

Dammit... OK, I'm officially hooked. The episode just ended and I went, "Noooooooo!"

I went "Yeeeess"!

***** Spoilers *****

The sequence with Isaac and Peter was great, and then rounded off with Hiro's phone call - and Peter responding to it - great cliffhangar again. Everything is slowly coming together. :)

This show is starting to heat up, now. Will there be an explanation how they all seem to be centring around the same places - Nathan landing where Hiro has been dumped, all of them (practically) being in the same hotel etc?

I just hope they don't try to make us believe in coincidence and that another 'force' is attracting them all together.

As of this episode, my reservations about the previous ones are beginning to melt. The slowness and unremarkability of two weeks ago - I'm sure I watched it, but damned if I know what happened - the fact that the pre-title bits seemed to be telling me as much as I needed to know about the week before, the annoying cheerleader ...

I really like the darkness that's creeping in, with heroes doing unheroic things, and almost can't wait till they all get together in the same room. I just hope the writing is up to my expectations, cos I'm damned sure mine wouldn't be.:mad:

I think Peter's brother is a great reinvention of the flying superhero - I mean, seriously, could you ever imagine Superman getting caught cheating, and set up for blackmail like that - yet still trying to turn it around for political advantage? Very nicely done. :)

Hiros transported himself from a future sufficiently far enough ahead for him to have become fluent in English. Presumably this is a point in time beyond the few weeks left till New York goes pop. Therefore, I propose that’s it’s going to work out alright …:)