Lost: Season Four

The problem is that Sun did not show any signs in the flashforwards that she held any hope that Jin was alive. Also, I think Claire visiting Kate in her dream will cause her to resist going back to the island. She was pretty clear with Jack how she felt about it even before that dream.

Something has been bugging me about Locke's apparent death. While I can understand why Locke used an alias (Jeremy Bentham) to protect the island, he obviously can come and go from the island just like Ben was able to to do. This was made clear in the coversation between Walt and Hurley. But, if nobody is supposed to know who he is, why was there a funeral to begin with? And who made the arrangements and put the ad in the newspaper? Was it Ben since he showed up at the end when Jack broke into the funeral home? Was the funeral a deliberate thing by someone to get the Oceanic 6 to want to go back to the island? And how did he die? If he was killed, was it Whitmore? I would of thought that Whitmore would need Locke to find the island. So many questions...

I don't think that Jin is dead ... him surviving is the perfect reason to get Sun back to the island. Why else would she go?

That's one reason I've been wondering if he might somehow have survived. The other is that with so many main characters leaving the island they're going to be a bit short on characters left on the island that viewers will care about.

For me, Locke's not that sympathetic anymore, and I've never entirely warmed to Juliet. I like Rose and Bernard a lot, but unless their roles are greatly expanded they're very much secondary characters. Claire's always been a bit on the cold side and was basically interesting as Charlie's love interest and Aaron's mother. So that leaves Sawyer and ... um, that leaves Sawyer. Killing off Jin would be a big mistake.

Though some of that information seems quite solid, the rest doesn't look entirely reliable. I wouldn't be willing to bet on it either way. It's very interesting though; I'd love to see some of it confirmed.

Didn't the producers say that by having a large cast they can always drag someone else in to the limelight at any time, beacause alot of the backdrop characters have their own story to tell.

The problem is that Sun did not show any signs in the flashforwards that she held any hope that Jin was alive. Also, I think Claire visiting Kate in her dream will cause her to resist going back to the island. She was pretty clear with Jack how she felt about it even before that dream.

Something has been bugging me about Locke's apparent death. While I can understand why Locke used an alias (Jeremy Bentham) to protect the island, he obviously can come and go from the island just like Ben was able to to do.

There is a strange real historical connection with the name Jeremy Bentham, too. The real Jeremy Bentham proposed the idea for the panopticon, a prison with a single tower where one person can watch all the inmates, but they cannot see the observer. Later thinkers like Foucault discussed this building as a foundation for power and discipline centered on the "all seeing eye."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Lost 0
Judderman Lost 42
TK-421 Lost 13
I Lost 5
Carolyn Hill Lost 132