Review of the HP books by Stephen King (Spoilers!)

Wow! He certainly admires Rowling's skill. Thanks for posting this, Py, it's interesting. Who'd have thought King would offer such high praise? :)

Aw, I love Stephen King! (Although I'm sure most of you know that though!) As he said, he wasn't doing what other critics were forced to do on their limited time and just look at who did what and who died, he was looking at impact of the books and how they really did inspire so many people to read. And I think he's also write that children haven't all abandoned books for other pursuits and that there are still many very good authors writing entertaining books for them.

He's right about the Harry Potter books (as much as I criticise them!) being better then R.L Stine! Some of them were mildly amusing but I think he was losing heart by the time he wrote the 612th book :D

That Jesus comparison just about launched JK Rowling into space. He must really like these books.

Wow! Thank you, Pyanino!

The King has always been a fan. I remember his first article, in which he said, nonetheless, "She has never met an adverb she didn't like!".

He was right about the adverby attributions, but WHO CARES?

The Ministry of Magic works!:):):)

I'm still grumping about the epilogue, though.

Hmm very interesting stuff that. Can't say that much for the pictures though.

I agree about the pictures, but that is a great article! Thank you for sharing.