Trying to find a book I read a long time ago, Fantasy

saf1

Hi,

I read a book that I have been dieing to read again. However, for the life of me I can not find it in my collection let alone remember who wrote it /boggle. Was searching the net and happened upon this forum. Thought maybe I could post what I remember about it and get a lucky hit.

I believe I read it in 83 - 84. Some what new at the time. Main thing I remember was someone going to rescue a fair maiden from a dragon deep in the mountains. When said hero gets there, the dragon hands over the princess right away because she is a pain in the rear. It sort of starts off like a fairy tail but has a twisted/comedy approach whereas everyone wanted to rescue the lady yet can't wait to get away from her...and so the story begins...

Aside from that, hoping to read through the forums and see what I can learn. I read a lot and play some mmorpgs as time allows. I like to read books from Katherine Kurtz, Grodon R. Dickson, Steven Brust, Fred Saberhagen, L. Sprague De Camp, Ursula K. Le Guin, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, and Piers Anthony. There are many others but those are some of my favorites off the top of my head...

Anyway - have a good day.
-scott

I'm sorry, I can't place this either - all I can think of is that it's probably by one of the comedic fantasy authors I've come across: Terry Pratchett, Tom Holt or Piers Anthony.

BTW, that's a great list of fave authors - welcome to the forum, saf1!

Hmm. Nope! I don't know this one either, but would like to echo Knivesout in the salutation of your choice of reading material. If you do find the title, I'd be interested in giving it a scan as well. :)

Hmm. I think in "The Dragon and the George" the hero's girlfriend transports to the fantasy universe and they live together there--happily ever after (hah!). Otherwise, I can't place the story either. Sorry.

Back