1.03 One Giant Leap

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
As the hit US series continues, tragedy and mystery surround the superhumans in their faltering first endeavours, leaving them wondering whether their powers are a blessing or a curse. Office worker Hiro tries to convince his friend Ando of their destiny, mind-reading cop Matt is invited to work for the FBI and male nurse Peter wonders why he can't repeat his flying trick ...

Tonight 9-9:45, BBC2

**** SPOILERS! ****

I'd actually finished watching episode 2 feeling that maybe Hiro had just dreamed - or else projected himself only mentally - into the future.

However, now it's clear he did teleport to the future and then teleported back. Cool. :)

Interesting to see everything developing so far - the whole set of abilities is increasingly interesting.

Couple of thoughts - did the telepathic cop get consciously blocked in the pub by the black guy? Seemed to be suggested, which is interesting. Does this mean the little girl the cop saved also can block thoughts? Is that how she was able to stop Syla finding her under the stairs?

Also - curious that Hiro is going to Las Vegas instead of New York - I guess he's going to team up with the split-person girl? Be interesting to see Hiro's friend's reaction. Hope she doesn't kill him. :)

Perhaps the black man is Syler?

It's a good job Claire is good at regenerating - because she's damned accident-prone. You've got to be pretty unlucky to be effectively killed twice in two days, or weeks, whatever the time-span for each episode is.

Couple of thoughts - did the telepathic cop get consciously blocked in the pub by the black guy? Seemed to be suggested, which is interesting. Does this mean the little girl the cop saved also can block thoughts? Is that how she was able to stop Sylar finding her under the stairs?

Hard to respond without spoiling it for the rest of the series but yes the black guy did block Parkman's thoughts and no the little girl doesn't have that power... :)
Sylar hasn't got any telepathic type powers so you can hide from him. That also means the black guy isn't Sylar.
And Claire's in for much worse to come :D
I envy you guys, watching these for the first time. I remember how much I kept looking forward to the next episode too