Elvish

Naryaló S dú

Lord of Science
Does anyone speak any elvish or any other Tolkien language? If so:

Aye! ni S im a i S en amaurea yello Naryaló S dú. Ni S im ráne S mist ohtatyáro S daug man na mára S maer eques S pent Parmalambe.

If anyone can understand this (you must speak Quenya) message me :)

I don't know what your trying to say.. I've learned it the hard way and that's in Tengwar that I've learned, if it's typed liked that it's impossible for me to read it... Tho i would love to talk to you anyway :)

Does anyone speak any elvish or any other Tolkien language? If so: Aye! ni S im a i S en amaurea yello Naryaló S dú. Ni S im ráne S mist ohtatyáro S daug man na mára S maer eques S pent Parmalambe.

If anyone can understand this (you must speak Quenya) message me :)

I'm not sure what each S is supposed to be about here, but I think you mean that any word following an S is actually Sindarin -- especially considering the phonological differences of Quenya compared to Sindarin.

Anyway, despite that the films might seem to indicate otherwise, no one can speak any Elvish language fluently. Even Tolkien could not; nor, to pick but one problematic matter out of several, is there really that much attested corpus (especially in any one phase of a given language) compared to real world languages.

Someone who has studied Tolkien's languages (as they changed over the years) invented a lot of Elvish for Jackson's films, but it's Neo-elvish in any case, mixed with authentic Tolkien-made Elvish.

For more on the topic of 'speaking Elvish', I highly recommend reading the FAQ at...

http://www.elvish.org/

And the longer article 'Elvish as She is Spoke' published at the same website.

Unfortunately, no. However, I read somewhere that Tolkien based it on Welsh, which is still spoken by many people today.