Which is your Favorite/Best?

Favourite and best are the same for me, though I'm not a huge fan.

1. Prisoner of Azkaban (by a long way)
2. Deathly Hallows
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Philosphers Stone
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Half-Blood Prince
7. Order of the Phoenix (by a very long way!)

Films on the other hand:
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Philospher's Stone
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Order of Phoenix
5. Chamber of Secrets

Perhaps that should be a new thread?

Mary

Favourite and best are the same for me as well. Haven't seen the 5th film, so film is pretty worthless.

1). Order of the Phoenix
2). Goblet of Fire
3). Deathly Hallows
4). Half Blood Prince
5). Prisoner of Azkaban
6). Chamber of Secrets
7). Philosophers Stone

Favorite:
1.Half blood prince (it was just too good when I found out that book was Snape's)
2.Deathly Hallows
3.Order of the Phoenix
4.Goblet of Fire
5.Prisoner of Askaban
6.Chamber of Secrets
7.Philosopher's stone.

Best:
1.DH
2.HBP
3.OOTP
4.GOF
5.POA
6.COS
7.PS

My favorites begin at the last book with the first being my least favorite. I thought she always wrote her next book better than the last.

Order of the Phoenix
Azkaban
Deathly Hallows
Half-Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets
Philosopher's Stone

I think I was most impressed by GOF because I didn't figure it out...then I got older and smarter, and now I wonder if that ruined the last three for me (not that I didn't love them).

1.HBP
2.GOF
3.DH
4.OOTP
3.POA
2.PS
1.COS

That's roughly accurate but my top three tend to change a lot, haha.

1. prisoner of azkaban
2. goblet of fire
3. deathly hallows
4. philosophers stone
5. half blood prince
6. order of the phoenix
7. chamber of secrets

Hmm thats tough...

1)Deathly Hallows
2)Philosophers Stone (read it like 12 times lol)
3)Goblet of Fire
4)Prisoner Of Azkaban
5)Order Of the Phoenix
6)Half Blood Prince
7)Chamber of Secrets (not that i didn't like it, just one has to be last eh?)

1) Prisoner of Azkaban (Simply the best of them all)
2) Goblet of Fire (the best of the long HPs - all the way through... no weaknesses at all, especially for such a long book... especially fond as this is where i realised how much i disliked Ron - and why... jealous prat)
3) Philosopher's Stone (The Original... and almost still the best)
4) Deathly Hallows (Brilliant ending, decent beginning... sags in the middle... too much of the "on-the-run" = boredom)
5) Half-Blood Prince (Lots of good bits... over all a very good read)
6) Order of the Phoenix (Only the final scenes in the Ministry at the end keep it from sharing equal last place with CoS)
7) Chamber of Secrets (I almost always skip this book when i re-read the series)

Truly, I don't think any of them are the greatest. I hated all of them. I don't know why, but they were just not my kind of book. Each one seemed to be pretty bland, with a plot-line that took so many turns, that I had to read everything twice. I wouldn't suggest harry Potter to anybody looking for a good book. I opened it up expecting a lot, and got much, MUCH less than I bargained for.:( Horrible books.

Hmm...

1. Deathly Hallows (I love how it ties all the loose ends up and explained all the little bits that had irritated me)
2. Chamber of Secrets
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Half Blood Prince
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Order of the Phoenix (Sirius nooo!)

But it's hard to choose, cause now that the series is finished, I can kind of view them as one huge book, rather than seven little ones. They're all so good because they all fit together so well.

1. Deathly Hallows. It's just so re-readable. And yes, I've read it at least 10 times.
2. OoTP. I wasn't too fond of this initially, but I've come to love it.
3. PoA. Just such fun to read.
4. GOF.
5. HBP.
6. COS.
7. PS.

1) Prisoner of Azkaban
2) Order of the Phoenix
3) Goblet of Fire
4) Chamber of Secrets
5) Philosopher's Stone
6) Deathly Hallows
7) Half Blood Prince

Though I'm a massive fan of the whole series, just have to say that the third was the ultimate best. Just can't stop reading that one. And the first five for me were the most well written, best for humour, top for atmosphere, just brill.

1. Half Blood Prince
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Deathly Hallows
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Philosopher's Stone
6. Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Chamber of Secrets

I think the last few books were really key for me because I was exactly the right age for most of them - especially Half Blood Prince. GoF really blew my mind the first time I read it though. I thought she was a genius the way everything revealed itself in the end. I love all the books though. Rowling sees the whole series as one big books so I'd have no problem saying I love Harry Potter as one giant tome.

Out of the seven books, there were only three that I thought stood out among the rest as very good: Deathly Hollows, Half-Blood Prince and Goblet of Fire.

My ranking...

1. Order of the Phoenix
2. Sorcerer's Stone
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Deathly Hallows
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Half-Blood Prince

OotP is simply the best! I think it had the biggest jump into more adult themes and emotions. There was a darkness to it that the others just didn't have. It definitely started in GoF but that book as a whole was just alright in my eyes.

Half-Blood Prince was the last because that book is just very boring. I feel that the events were necessary for the whole story of Harry Potter but necessary doesn't equal entertaining.

1.) Goblet of Fire
For me this is the turning point of the entire series; we see hints of the forthcoming darkness in the previous book, but in Goblet the first confirmed death of a good character prepares readers for what's to come.
2.) Philosopher's Stone
Admittedly probably due to novelty rather than skill or plot, but I like the lightheartedness. Also Snape's speech on potions is probably the best in the series.
3.) Half Blood Prince
Coping with the death of Sirius, witnessing Dumbledore die, and casting questions about Snape's allegiance.
4.) Deathly Hallows
5.) Order of the Phoenix
6.) Prisoner of Azkaban
7.) Chamber of Secrets

Back