Which is your Favorite/Best?

My favorite was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It seemed much happier than those following it.

1. Deathly Hallows
2. Half-Blood Prince
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Philosopher's Stone

That was hard.. I just like all of them as my favorites and for me it is a really hard choice to make a list of which book I like the best. I'm going to re-read them in a week, so maybe the order might change.

Mine is

1) Deathly Hallows
2) Order of Phoenix
3) Half-Blood Prince
4) Prisoner of Azkaban
5) Chamber of Secrets
6) Philosopher's Stone
7) Goblet of fire

I don't know why the Goblet of Fire was the worst to me... ? ;)

Or then I have just read it too many times... ;)

I mean Goblet of Fire was excellent, but the rest were a little bit better. ;)

I found the Half-bood prince kind of boring, at least it first half... not too much action. I don't know why everyone seems to like it too much. And the Deathly Hollows i loved the most, even when i cried with the deaths.

Goblet of fire was very good, specially the maze part O: Can't make an order of the books... they're all so good!

My first post... Straight into my comfort zone! ;)

My favourites are the ones I think are the best... Here's my order...

1. Deathly Hallows.

I just adored it, some have said they were unhappy with it, and I just think they were expecting too much... To me, she did a prefect job. It was funny, exciting and most of all, completely believable and heart-wrenching. Six years on, and The Forest Again still makes me cry.

2. Goblet of Fire

(I'm not entirely sure why this is my second favourite, I think it is because of the pending rebirth of LV. And that graveyard scene is fantastic.)

3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Half-Blood Prince
5. Philosopher's Stone
6. Order of the Phoenix
7. Chamber of Secrets.

I feel bad from 4-7 because they are all amazing books - to me, anyway - but they've got to go in an order, I suppose. I always say CoS is my least favourite, but then when I read it, I remember how hilarious it is (Gilderoy Lockhart, anyone?)

I'm surprised at how many people love Deathly Hallows and dislike the Half-Blood Prince. For my part, I loved the HBP, not least because of Harry and Dumbledore's quest to the cave and Dumbledore's death - that's a moment when the series suddenly becomes much darker, I hoped the last book would follow in the same vein.

I hated, but absolutely HATED Deathly Hallows. To me it seemed like a poor imitation of Rowling's writing. Some reasons (not my entire list of complaints): I had hoped for an exciting horcrux hunt - instead, I got the Hallows which seemed pulled out of nowhere. When Voldemort gains power, the whole wizard world comes across as cowardly and inept, Harry, Ron and Hermione wander around without knowing what to do, and the ending went overboard with saccharine sweetness (Harry as a sort of Christ figure? please...) Also, I had been hoping until the end that Sirius would somehow be resurrected and that Lupin would have his five minutes (two characters with huge potential that was never really utilized after PoA) Whew. Rant over :)

My list of favourites goes like this:
1) Prisoner of Azkaban, absolutely
2) Half-Blood Prince
3) Chamber of Secrets (has some cool dark moments)
4) Philosopher's Stone (to this day I smile whenever I remember the toilet seat)
5) Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix (each has its share of frustrating moments)
6) Deathly Hallows - I wish I could just forget that one.

Ooh tricky. At the moment (will change if asked again :p) for me it probably goes:

Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Phoenix
Half Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows (really did not like the epilogue)
Chamber of Secrets
Philosopher's Stone

Book 3 - First HP book I ever read. I love every single thing about it.

Book 5 - Second book I read. It was longer and bit slower but I liked how it got darker for Harry and how got more moody in response. It made me feel really sad though, as I knew dark times were ahead, and things wouldn't be as fun as they used too. LOt's of suspense and action too.

Book 6 - Same reason for Book 5. I felt tense and sad through most of it, knowing that the next book would be the last.

Book 2 - It was ok.

Book 1 - If I read it first I probably would have never continued with HP.

Book 4 - Hated it. Didn't care about the competition. Harry came off really arrogant in this book and Ron was whiny and their fight was annoying. The movie is worse (with their crazy 80's hair). I liked Cedric and Fleur though.

I refuse to finish Book 7. I don't want it to end. :(

Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of Phoenix
Deathly Hallows
Half Blood Prince
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Half-Blood Prince
5. Deathly Hallows
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Philosopher's Stone

Can't I just jam The Quidditch World Cup, all the Christmas and Hogsmeade chapters and the confrontation with Peter Pettigrew in the shack into one thing and call it a book?

If so... that.

Back