Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...*DEFINITE SPOILERS*

Presumably because Harry didn't defend himself and just let the Elder Wand do its magic. There is a little leap of faith, I agree, to an only slightly different situation where he "fights back" with some spell which causes the Elder Wand's magic to backfire.

The resurrection stone let Harry see all those he loved, reinforcing that perhaps death wasn't the end of the line, that he was loved, and that he in turned love his friends (et al) enough that he knew he had to die. And it also worked as a shield against the Dementors.

shamguy, I think Voldemort ended up destroying his own Horcrux - Harry's scar - when he used the Elder Wand in the forest to try to kill Harry. He said Avada Kedavra and pointed the wand at Harry, but Harry was already the master of that wand. So the wand didn't kill Harry, it killed the evil (the piece of Voldemort) in him. The second time Voldemort used the Elder Wand against Harry in the Great Hall, it backfired when it hit Harry's spell and ended up killing Voldemort.

I think the Resurrection Stone did have a purpose, though perhaps a smaller one. Harry used it to give himself strength to move on and do what he needed to do. It can't be easy to walk into death, so he called his parents and friends to comfort him.

Edit to add: Sorry, PT, I didn't see your post. I like your explanation of the Resurrection Stone better. :)

well that answers some of my questions. i posted elswhere the others- in the writing forum because i wanted to adress writers
oh and i think i found a mistaky!
harry had a birthawn or whatever its called wand but then he got dracos which i dont think was made of birthawn but at the end it says harry held up the birthawn wand

Hawthorn do you mean? I think that's what Draco's wand was made of and that's the one Harry was holding at the end. I think Harry's wand is made of holly, if I'm remembering correctly...I shall go and check shortly...

Yes, Harry's is made of Holly and Draco's is the hawthorn one which he has at the end.

no he gets a wand from Ron made of hawthorn than he gets dracos... and she says hawthorn at the end
unless both wands were hawthorn or she made a mistake

The wand given to Harry by Ron earlier in the book is made of Blackthorn.

But I'm quite sure more than one wand can be made from a certain type of tree...I don't think there's enough trees for everyone to have one each!

I think that the 7th book was brilliant. Definetly the best of the series (especislly the last 100 pages).
It was short but really really good.

I bought the book at midnight 20/21 07 and finished on monday at 10:34 a.m. (i am not english so i do not read very quickly in english language)

Some things that were in the book i expected to happen and i was not suprised (e.g. R.A.B. Snape, Dumblediores death and other things) but some really suprised me (harry's "death")

shamguy - to adress your wand question. I don't have the book with me and I never really pay attention to the material since 75% of the time I have no idea what tree/bush it belongs to. (the joy of not having English as one's first language). Anyways... at the end of the book, Harry uses the elder wand to repair his original wand (which Hermione accidentally split)! That could explain what you were asking, hm?

I'm currently re-reading it in "slow" time, so will pay attention to the wands when I get to it...

Yes, Harry repairs his own wand with the Elder Wand, his own wand being made out of holly.

I did go back and check the respective passages in The Deathly Hallows and it definitely states that the wand that Ron gives to Harry, which he took from the Snatchers, is made of Blackthorn (Hermione checks it out for him and tells him this). Later Harry takes Draco's wand, which is made out of Hawthorn and it's with this one that he battles Voldemort.

Harry was using malfoy's wand

Malfoy was using dumbledore's wand (elder wand) instead of his own (he did not know it was elder wand)
i am a bit confused why malfoy did not use his own wand

malfoy was NOT using dumbledores wand

he had thrown it out of dumbledores hand in books six -i think and it was then that the wand chose the wizard

but he stupidly did'nt take it cause he did'nt know
so at the end harry says
"i stole malfoys wand. lets see if the elder wand-" -which was not in malfoys possession
"somehow knows its owner ws disarmed-"
-malfoy had been disarmed -even if malfoy is disarmed from any wand its as if he lost the elder wand wherever it is

I found the whole book fantastic but really sad. It made me cry when Fred died, J.K.Rowling made the whole description so realistic.

Harry as a Horcrux I didn't like, but at least she backed it up with Voldie taking his blood which made it a bit more acceptable. And I always knew that Dumbley was smart enough to factor his own death into a plan! After all, what better way to get Snape close to Voldie :D
I was disappointed with Snape's death though, I always thought of him as someone would could hold his own against Voldie in a duel.

Well, no one could really hold their own against Voldemort in a duel apart from Dumbledore - Voldie was holding his own against 3 powerful people at the end there, whereas Snape was forced to flee when faced with the same thing. On top of that, Voldie could stand toe to toe with Dumbledore... I got the distinct impression that not many people could do that.

But keep in mind a couple of things:

Snape knew he had to tell Harry about him being a Horcrux. He could possibly have known Harry was there through Legilimenency - but even if he didn't, had he resisted the snake, Voldemort would have AKed him, and there would be no way to tell Harry anything. The moment he walked into that room, he knew what was happening... he kept looking at the snake, asking to go and get the boy.

Well, obviously. Apologies - I just phrased it wrong in my reply.

MJRevell... it wasn't just you. And there is no reason to apologize. But when you guys start talking about the Horcrux being Harry and about his death... one must realize that the Harry had to die in order to shake the Horcrux free or off of him(btw, this could only have happen AFTER he turned 17). Dumbledore gave Harry the choice to return or just die...

Now... Snape's death was a little disappointing, not because he was battling Voldie, because he didn't. It was the snake that killed him. From my understanding of the situation the snake was protected. I don't think anyone could have pentrated that shield... except the sword! (Yeah Neville!)

I did feel the way Voldie died was perfect! Harry didn't have to be strong to defeat Voldie. He just had to have an understanding of how magic worked... Voldemort obviously didn't. It was that understanding of Harry's sacrafice, his DEATH, which protected and rebounded the death shot back to Voldemort.

I do have one question, if all the horcruxes were destroyed didn't that mean that Voldemort's soul was also destroyed, then why didn't Voldemort die when the last one was destroyed?