Grand Hallows Ball

mirinda

Vernum
Some say the world will end in fire, others say in
I was just wondering if anyone was planning on going to a Harry Potter Party like the Grand Hallows Ball, (hosted at any Borders store at 7 until 12:01 Friday-Saturday morning) or what plans if any, anyone had for the realase of The Deathly Hallows. I plan on going to The Hallows ball with a friend myself. I'm intested in what other people's plans are.

I reserved my copy from Waterstones several months ago. There does seem to be some kind of event going on with the midnight opening, but I'll probably just pick up the book and go home to read it in bed.

Well, my orchestra will be on an outing to Munich on Saturday and Sunday. So I'm really hoping the pre-ordered book gets here on time, so I can read it during the hours long bus drive... *giddy with excitement*

Never even heard of such a thing. Man I love Borders though. Massive Tolkien section, out of print Star Wars books...

and it has tons of "black library" stuff..am a 'hammer 40k-er

am gonna go to borders but it aint no ball where i live..its just a shoddy quiz and a magician...woow

I plan on going to our local BN to get my copy, but with two kids, one of them still nursing, I won't be going for more than the actual book. I wouldn't bother getting it until the next day, except I want to read it before any spoilers get posted. And I expect them to be EVERYWHERE!

Sadly there are already a ton of them out there, and the questionable, poorly-lit dives I sometimes frequent during the late hours have already done a good job at giving away as much as possible to those sad, anxious fans who do not have the good sense to stop reading after the tag-line. I'll go on to say (and I hope I don't regret this, given the nature of it) that after having read the first 10 chapters of the leaked copy, one of the spoilers really ruined a huge part of the book for me, dissolving the building climax I would have experienced not having known what was going to happen. Thankfully I will not be visiting anywhere but the Chronicles and my ice-box from now until Saturday, when I receive my tangible (and legal) copy of the book.

Back