Tried to watch

unclejack

Okay peoples, i've never seen firefly and I only recently heard that serenity was the movie form of firefly but I did try to watch serenity one time and couldn't really get into it because I had never really seen the show. My brother in law who used to watch the show said I probably didn't like it cuz I had never seen the show. Anyways, my question is, what is the show and is it worth watchin? What's the basic premise?

The show is great and of course you didnt like it you dont understand anything without seeing the show first ;)

Connavar is right, you need to watch Firefly first, Serenity answers a few questions left hanging from the series, but for Serenity to make any sence at all you need to watch Firefly.

Is it worth watching, absolutly. For me its been one of the best sci fi shows I have seen. I am an old Blakes 7 fan, and in some ways its a little like Blake in that you have a somewhat disfunctional crew plus a few extras. It also has a western theme in it, which I didnt think I would enjoy but suprisingly did.

It has some brilliant storylines which get better and better each episode and some quick humor.

I really dont want to say to much about it, the less you know they better.
What I suggest you do Jack is look at the various Firefly threads and there are many, then beg, boorow or steal a copy on DVD, sit down with your popcorn and enjoy.....

Firefly starts off a little wobbly, but within an episode or two really picks up and becomes a very strong series. Also, seeing it first, really does add to the impact of a lot of what you have in Serenity.

I'm not much of one for television -- most of it I find so vacuous and boring I'd rather have my teeth drilled. But occasionally something comes along which belies that, and this was most assuredly one....

Is it worth watching, absolutly. For me its been one of the best sci fi shows I have seen. I am an old Blakes 7 fan, and in some ways its a little like Blake in that you have a somewhat disfunctional crew plus a few extras. It also has a western theme in it, which I didnt think I would enjoy but suprisingly did.

That pretty much sums up my answer, too, Tangaloomababe. Please do watch a few episodes, UncleJack, and let us know what you think.

Firefly starts off a little wobbly, but within an episode or two really picks up and becomes a very strong series. Also, seeing it first, really does add to the impact of a lot of what you have in Serenity.

I'm not much of one for television -- most of it I find so vacuous and boring I'd rather have my teeth drilled. But occasionally something comes along which belies that, and this was most assuredly one....

Yeah tv shows are getting worse every year which is why it hurt alot seeing this great show ending so soon.

Its has become an ironic joke among tv shows fans that when a show becomes popular and hailed critictly it gets cancled. The bad one seems to go on and on. 7th Heaven,Greys Anatomy etc.....

Yes Connavar so right, there is some absolute trash on tv. My girlfriend stays at my place once a month for a week, she is down here doing a course. Of an evening she watches stuff I have never even glanced at, usually I like to read a book. So she will watch rubbish every night for a week, and she likes it loud so my book read is severely disturbed for a week.
My son loves this show and like me cannot fathom why it was axed. There are some shows that go on season after season (LOST) should have been axed within a couple of episodes, whilst Firefly was just opening up to us, there was so much more to tell, so many more questions to answer and sadly Serenity only partly answered those but also created a couple of new ones.
Its still not to late, if someone woke up to themselves and fired up Serenity for another season or two I think they might be very surprised at how well it would do, as long as they kept it in sequence this time.