Has anyone seen, or do they know about....

Funny, isn't it... these people with $1.85 in their pocket can manage to capture the essence of HPL on film, while those with the bloated budgets and accessibility to resources have such a difficult time with that......
I suppose that those people with only $1.85 in their pocket aren't doing it to make money (and therefore with a view to caputuring a large audience), they must be doing it for the love of the story. Those that have a lot more to spend also have large expectations about how much money the film should make, something that's (probably) not going to happen if the film doesn't attract viewers outside of the usual HPL fanbase.

Although perhaps they should have a little more faith in HPL to delight the masses and not feel the need to cater for modern/mainstream tastes? Although that's easy to say when it's not my money on the line...

Oh, I definitely agree with your reasoning on why they do it. And I'm not saying that they have to slavishly follow HPL; but I also think it's interesting that the films connected to his work that tend to get the most recognition, and to continue to be watched, are those which at least try to capture the atmosphere and eschew the usual clichés; and this seems to be true whether the viewers have read HPL or not.....

Hmm.the first picture doesnt seem very HPL-like.And that roach is clarly misplaced.

Hmm,is this the one where he's not even in the movie ?