Will duct tape be necessary?

The Pelagic Argosy

Not surprisingly, some readers are planning drastic measures to avoid having book 7 spoiled for them. Some are planning "media blackouts." No TV, no radio, no internet.

Some are planning to lock their doors, close their blinds, and huddle under something sturdy.

Just kidding....I hope. :rolleyes:

I read that Mugglenet is planning to shut down its discussion forums for a few days.

Personally, this is the only HP discussion I read, so I'm just planning to stay away from the JK Rowling section. I wasn't planning to stay away from Chronicles Network, or the internet, altogether. But should I be worried? Should I avoid World Affairs also? Should I worry about opening pop ups? It's insane, I say! :eek:

What are your plans for reading Deathly Hollows?

Same as Ace - I'll pick it up at midnight. Hopefully I'll have it read before dawn, so I won't have to steer clear of anything.

I plan to stay away from HP stuff on the internet from a few days before until I finish. I know there are other ways people leak info, but you can't live in a hole.

I also plan to buy it on the first day. That reduces the chances of hearing spoilers from others in the bookstore, since no one should have finished it yet.

I don't know when I'll be picking up a copy, so I'm running the risk of finding out stuff...I'll just go out with blinkers and earmuffs on, finally grab a copy when I find the time to go out and get it and hope for the best! But I certainly won't be avoiding the internet and ain't no Harry Potter stopping me from coming on the Chrons!!

It occurs to me that the ultimate spoiler will be under our noses.

Who will read the last chapter first?

I'll admit, I probably will. *sigh* Blasphemy, I know, but I'm weak.

I hope to pick up my copy at midnight, but I won't discuss it for a few days, honest.
You can't get it until 9:01 AM. The staff of bookshops can't even take some aside for themselves before that point (or not where my sister works anyway)

Who will read the last chapter first?
No just the last paragraph. I always do it with every book. When I did it with LotR RotK it wasn't that great because it was just like "Well," said Sam, "I'm back." or something like that.

Also over half the stuff about Dallows is theory.

You can't get it until 9:01 AM.
Isn't it coordinated to midnight in the UK, Maj? - the major bookshops here will be closing at the normal time, then re-opening at 23.00 BST, as they can start selling the book at 12.01, just into the 21st here - and I make that 09.01 on the 21st in Sydney.

Now that would be unfair!
I thought maybe you were thinking that the Ace's Perth was the new one in Western Australia ......:D

Fair warning, anyone starts a thread titled, 'Can you believe Harry/Herminone/Ron/Voldemort/Crookshanks died!' within hours of the release, I won't be hesitating over the ban button...

I don't know when I'll be able to actually get a copy of the book for myself. Will definitely have prior access since we'll get them in for Silverfish in boxes all taped with a notice on exactly when they can be opened.

But am admittedly one of those people who will read the end first though I am very good about not saying anything. Although I would not mind at all if someone read it and sent me a PM telling me the ending.
:eek:

Glad to hear it, Cul! Perhaps you could get the rack and the Iron Maiden ready as well ......:p

Glad to hear it, Cul! Perhaps you could get the rack and the Iron Maiden ready as well ......:p

'Run to the hills....' oops sorry the mention of Maiden got me distracted

I don't think I'll be rushing out at midnight to get it and I didn't even bother going out to preorder it even shop that sells books are suggesting it. I will not even be reading it on the day it comes out as Weave will want first dibs on it so I will probably not start reading it for a couple of days, I will avoid and indepth discussions on it till I at least start it but won't be totally avoiding all the talk.

Dallows comes out on Saturday in Australia so thankfully I will have the whole weekend to read it. I'm still in school so if, by some weird twist of events, I am not finished come Monday I'm skipping! Come to think of it, OoTP comes out on a Wednesday so I'll skip then as well... This series is making quite the delinquent out of me... *sigh*

Mithridelle

... am also fond of brown paper bags and bubble wrap and empty boxes. Maybe twine as well.

I guess I'll get the book when I can and I don't think it's going to be easy to avoid knowing what happens, if not from here then someplace else. But I like knowing the end first though.

I just reserved a copy at our local bookstore. I will be there at midnight to pick it up. I've never done anything like this before, even for HP.

The man at the bookstore said that when the 6th book came out, the store was packed and there were people waiting outside. Apparantly they also had problems with a man in the parking lot who shouted who died to everyone who came out. :( This is the only bookstore in a small town, though, so it doesn't leave many options.

The way to tackle that problem is to get your Walkman, or MP3 player, or whatever, purchase a pair of headphones, stick 'em on, and whack your music up to full volume whilst you're there. :p