Anything Anne

yeah, that was a fairly comprehensive list, the larth green/brown one is the one I could almost remember. since MHoP contradicted so much of her previous ideas I seem to have blocked most of it out. I do remember her misnaming litoh as monarth, at least they were both bronzes, and both hatched at Benden, ummmm okay, did I hear someone here talk about the queen deaths originating at fort Weyr (instead of high reaches as was described in dragonquest), or was it in all the weyrs of pern? this year has been too long.

The Pern Series was awesome. Period. I haven't read all the books yet, but i can tell they'll be good.

Merry Christmas, Dragonriders, if i may say also.

Does she have good books outside Pern?

I read the first book but didnt finished it. I like the riders and their history but now im not sure if her writing is for me.

So i was wondering does she a stand alone book that i might like and then go back to Pern?

Hmm, a standalone book. I can think of The Crystal Singer - that reads pretty well on it's own, but there are two other books after that if you like it. I'm sure there are others, though - that's just one I'd recommend.:)

Anything Anne, hm? Echoing what I put in the "what are you reading this February?" thread, I'd personally love to see a book featuring the last threadfall on Pern.

(Sorry for such a late reply/bumping an old thread. Still catching up after being busy for so long before/during Christmas.:))

There is a list somewhere....Aha!
  • Restoree
  • The Coelura
  • An Exchange of Gifts
  • No One Noticed the Cat
  • A Diversity of Dragons
  • Black Horses for the King
  • If Wishes Were Horses
Restoree is the only one I've read, Conn, and so long ago I've completely forgotten the plot....but it led me onto Pern, so it must have something about it.

Cheryl said:
I think it was actually Oterel that was killed and later resurrected.

And if you're still around, Cheryl, you're correct.The mention of Lord Oterel in Dolphins is an error for Lord Ranrel

Last edited:
Ah, I'd forgotten about some of those, which is odd, as I've actually read Black Horses for the King. If I remember correctly, it was an alternate take on Arthurian legend, and I quite enjoyed it. Albeit, I read it after reading most of the Pern books, though.

Talysia, I ran across a mention that Anne picked up her pen and paper one more time, and wrote a book about AFTER the last threadfall. though it hasn't been published yet. have had issues getting into the books Todd wrote, so this is under the woo-hoo setting, even though it'll likely be the last book we get with her name on it.

Connavar, most of the Brain and Brawn books are pretty stand alone, The ship who sang, partnership, the ship who searched etc.... The Crystal Singer is alright also. hmmmm...... you might also try Get off the Unicorn..... a number of short stories, some she expanded into larger stories, others are part of the larger universe, but fairly well enclosed. but they can help to give you a feel for the worlds she has created, and not cost so much.

Ran through Dragonsdawn, and was wondering if it was my copy, or WAS there a Jim Keroon for a while? (as opposed to Jim Tillek and Ezra Keroon) the chapter where the two captains and Admiral were having last meeting before Orbit, and descent to surface.

Last edited:
There's the possibility of a book by Anne after the last fall? This is good news indeed for me! Thanks, Ghost!:)

I haven't read Dragonsdawn for a while, so I'll have to check on the Jim Keroon thing.

Back