Ginny - Love, Hate or On-The-Fence?

I felt cheated while reading THBP; Harry's never even batted an eye at Ginny, and then suddenly book six comes along and whoa! Harry's in love bigtime.

Exactly.
Also I'm pretty annoyed by all the characters. The puberty thing is just a bit too much for me. Harry and Ginny, Ron acting like a psycho...it's just...I know they're confused but as a reader I don't like feeling confused.

Harry's never even batted an eye at Ginny, and then suddenly book six comes along and whoa! Harry's in love bigtime.

She's Ron's little sister, so Harry's always considered her off limits. Also, I think Rowling intended the whole thing to be a surprise. She didn't want to beat us over the head with it and tip her hand.

Isn't that the way love is (or at least, can be)? Sudden awakening as if from sleep?

Yes, but you'd think he'd have noticed something beforehand. Even if it's just that she's got lovely hair, or that she's nice to talk to or something (well, after she gets over her shyness).

TPA said:
She's Ron's little sister, so Harry's always considered her off limits. Also, I think Rowling intended the whole thing to be a surprise. She didn't want to beat us over the head with it and tip her hand.

I'm not sure he's always thought her "off limits". I mean, when in the other books has he ever looked at Ginny in any other way but someone to save or someone whom he meets when he goes to his best friend's house? I don't think he's ever had one romantic thought about her, has he? Unless I've missed something, in which case I'll eat my words. :D

Quote from book 6:
"I can't, Harry, I said I'd meet Dean," said Ginny brightly. "See you later."
"Right," said Harry. He felt a strange twinge of annoyance as she walked away, her long red hair dancing behind her; he had become so used to her presence over the summer that he had almost forgotten that Ginny did not hang around with him, Ron, and Hermione while at school. Then he blinked and looked around: He was surrounded by mesmerized girls.
I believe that's the first indication, ever, that he likes her. ;)

A skank? 15 year olds aren't skanks no matter what they do. She liked Harry and went after him, a bit I think to spite her big brother, and we all know big brothers can be a bit protective when it comes to guys dating their little sisters. I would have liked to know more about her, that's for sure.

I don't think its just big brothers. I think its all brothers.

I do have to agree. 15 year olds can't be skanks.

Snape is awesome except for when he really turns out to be good. I didn't like that much.

Snape is awesome except for when he really turns out to be good. I didn't like that much.

It made me feel sorry for him actually. I really hated him after what he did in Half Blood Prince but felt sorry for him after Dallows.

He is a tragic character when it is all said and done.

I'm indifferent to Ginny. She was introduced as a character in Chamber, one of very many childish elements in the most childish book of the series. For the rest of the books she remained a character whom I could never take seriously.

I was rooting for Cho a long time, hoping Rowling after Goblet would show her as mature and strong. So much for the hope...

I like Ginny and the idea of ginny and harry, though i am a bit confused at the fact that in books 3-5 she was a minor character and has now become a main character. :eek::D

I liked Ginny until somewhere around book 6. I don't hate her, but there's something about Ginny/Harry that I don't like.

What don't you like about it, Lith, out of interest?
I would hazard a guess that its about them being together and the way Rowling wrote Harry's feelings about her. I didn't like it that much.