Ginny - Love, Hate or On-The-Fence?

Mithridelle

In the Shadows
If I'm gone then it's due to sickness of stress. I
Hmm...I just wanted to know what people think of the Orange-Haired-She-Devil.
Does the fact that she got together with Harry annoy anyone?
Should she die in HPatDH?
Was she acting a bit, ahem, promiscuous (with her mouth) in HPatOotP?

Tell me wht you think please.

Mithridelle

To make it easy we have named the book Dallows.

I don't think she will die (whether she should is a totally different question) but she will be taken at one point by some of the death eaters and used as bait maybe. She wont die because these are the two possible endings.

Harry dies, Ginny cries over dead body while Neville kills Voldy.

Harry lives and they live happily ever after with Ron dead.

She wont die and she wont join the Death Eaters.

I'm quite indifferent to Ginny, she wasn't very memorable to me when I read the books, and I think any other character could easily have filled her place in the action without me noticing.
I find it very unlikely that she would die, since a theatrical death would have to be moving to serve the book well. I just wouldn't care if she did die. (that sounds horrible doesn't it :p)

It does but she isn't that central to the plot so it wouldn't matter if she did die.

i don't really like her, too much like a little kid all the way through the series....a bit like Dumbledore in the sense that she's too goody goody - unfortunately i don't think she will die, she might get mauled though *said in hopeful voice*

I think we have reached a conclusion that she will not die :( but possibly get injured.

yeah...I doubt she'll die...sadly.
I never really liked her. Her "cute" crush on Harry that finally got fufilled in the previous book was a bit to easy for her, in my opinion. I kind of wish she gets her soul sucked out by a death eater or something.

Far out I never realised Chron-dwellers were so evil.

What happened? Joined forces with He Who Can Not Be Named?

I don't mind Ginny, really, although I agree that she's not the most well-rounded of characters (but then it is a book that revolves pretty much around the very good against the very bad). Although I like how she takes after the twins, she's a bit mischievous and quite determined. She and Harry have spent a lot of time around each other over the years and it's not unusual for younger siblings to have a crush on their older siblings' friend, and there were hints throughout The Half-Blood Prince that Harry was attracted to her -- and we've known for years that she's liked him -- so it wasn't a complete surprise. There wasn't much (really, not much at all...) that I liked about the sixth book, but their getting together was one of the things that was all right. What irked me the most was the dramatic "We can't see each other anymore because I'm going off to be heroic!" Blah.

I like her. My favorite scene in all the books is when Harry and Ginny kiss. She's funny, spunky, a little naughty. She's better than Cho, that's for sure.

What irked me the most was the dramatic "We can't see each other anymore because I'm going off to be heroic!" Blah.

Yeah, that was a little unsubtle. I think the point though is that despite this grand warning, Ginny's not going to have any part in that, thus showing her spunk, determination, fearlessness, and, of course, deep and undying love for Hazza.

No I think Ginny is too perfect. If I ever meet a girl like that then I will retract my statement. She is too beautiful, too nice, too good at everything. It just annoys me.

Perhaps it is the fact that I have grown attached to Harry over the years of reading HP and the fact that a strong female (unlike Cho) like Ginny is to get together with him makes me want to hate her...:confused:
I guess I do like her character, but I would like her allot more if her and Harry were only friends...

Mithridelle

I felt cheated while reading THBP; Harry's never even batted an eye at Ginny, and then suddenly book six comes along and whoa! Harry's in love bigtime.

WHAT???

To me anyway, that was a little too sudden. I'd have preferred a gradual fondness for her, with Harry thinking "Ooh... she looks nice", or those sorts of compliments, before falling head over heels for her. But I think the reason for this is that JK wanted to play up to the is-it-Harry-and-Hermione-or-Harry-and-Ginny thing.

Pah!

I've got nothing again Ginny, per se, I just think JK could've handled the romance aspect... a little differently. :eek:

But yes, she is a little one-dimensional. :D

I felt cheated while reading THBP; Harry's never even batted an eye at Ginny, and then suddenly book six comes along and whoa! Harry's in love bigtime.

WHAT???

Isn't that the way love is (or at least, can be)? Sudden awakening as if from sleep?