Marvel: Daredevil/Ghost Rider fans

dontcallmered

what did people think of Ghost Rider, the film adaptation?
the film itself seems to be getting generally negative reviews but i really enjoyed it. i think, like with Daredevil, Johnson has done a pretty good job with the adaptation and stayed fairly faithful to it.

its being released (in the UK) on Tuesday and i'm probably gonna buy it, but was wondering if people knew about the extended edition as well, like what extras you get, added scenes and are the added scences taken from the original graphic novel? i thought the film was visually very impressive and i'd love to be able to watch it on Blu ray as well but i don't have the equipment unfortunately :(

The film was not as bad as I'd thought it was going to be but it was also not as good as it could have been. But I am also glad to see these movies being made at all.

The bike was absolutely lovely and Sam Elliot did a wonderful job. They could have done better with casting the Ghost Rider himself though Cage improved greatly once his head caught on fire. There was however no saving grace in the female lead. She just came across as being very fake and contrived.

Have not heard anything about a DVD with extra footage. At least the pirates here do not have anything like that.

Daredevil is worst comic movie ever.

Johnson destroyed one of the most interesting heroes in Marvel. What took Frank Miller,Stan Lee and co decaded to build he destroyed in less than two hours....

I'm verging on Connavar's camp regarding Daredevil. I wouldn't say it was the worst comic movie ever but it definitely was a lost opportunity.

Have yet to see Ghost Rider but as its Johnson again I'm not holding out much hope.

I meant the worst comic movie of this new comic boom that started a couple of years ago.

Yep. Daredevil was pretty bad. Ghost Rider was ok, nothing I would care to see twice, though. But I really don't like the formula Hollywood uses for action movies, these days. Special Effects tend to be more important than plot, or interesting characters, and I can't abide that.