Exodus

1. ducky5

ducky5 Member

All this talk about america! when's aurora coming out in the UK? i soooo cant wait:D

May 5, 2008
  2. Julie Bertagna

Julie Bertagna author

Soon as I know I'll tell you! :)

:eek: I'd better hurry up!

May 6, 2008
  3. Julie Bertagna

Julie Bertagna author

At a talk I did recently, a teenage boy asked me to explain how I came up with the idea of The Weave in Exodus. I wish I'd had these photos to show him, but maybe he'll see them here. They remind me of a night-time flight over London, and the electric panorama of the city's arteries, where I first formed the glimmerings of the idea which would become The Weave.

Most pics are too big to load so click here: Google Image Result for http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/london_08_29/london9.jpg

Tuck's ocean city and various ideas in Zenith and Aurora) came from this kind of thing: Earth From Above comes to NYC - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Beautiful.

Attached Files:

Oct 24, 2008
  4. woolleywrld

woolleywrld Noosrunner

In the seond link you posted, the one for Earth From Aboce comes to NYC, picture #26 of the little town of Koh Panyi reminds me of a certain sea city I once read about... :p

Which one of those pictures did you imagine the weave from?

Nov 16, 2008
  5. Julie Bertagna

Julie Bertagna author

Yes, Koh Panyi is quite Pomperoy-ish with its wooden walkways; and if that big rock were an oil rig...:)

It was the night flight over London that first made me imagine the Weave but when I saw the first photo in that sequence of images (especially the first one: the city at night where you can just see London Bridge) I thought, yes, that's the very image that stayed with me, that I translated into my vision of the virtual world of the Weave - with the illuminated streets as the boulevards, the buildings as the Weavesites, but all of it as flickering ruins, including the broken arm of the bridge...

Nov 17, 2008
  6. Kitty Pedersen

Kitty Pedersen Member

Koh Panyee in Thailand, I´ve been there ;-) It´s an amasing place. Like in your book ;-) Funny, just before I opend my internet I lookt att our pictures from Panyee ............. ;-)
    And Julie, you dont have to feel bad ... I will read your other books again on my holiday in India ;-)
    AND today I´ve start writing my book ;-) My head is full of it. It´s follows me everywhere so I must write it down ;-)
    And I whish you all a very merry christmas ;-)
    from Kitty in Sweden
    @---)--------------

Dec 16, 2008
  7. Julie Bertagna

Julie Bertagna author

Thank you, Kitty. Good luck with your book - that's the best sign of all: to walk around with your head full of the story.

Hope you had a good Christmas.

Happy New Year!

Jan 6, 2009
  8. bookworm13

bookworm13 New Member

Just to say I loved exodus, I found it in a corner of my shool library and it is a very good book, though sady they didn't have zenith :(, but ah well I can get it off amazon :). I've read through this thread so I can see were you've got some of your inspiration from though sadly very few of the pictures will show. So once again thank you for writing such a great book and I can't wait to get my hands on Zenith.

Nov 6, 2009
  9. BoredWaiting4Aurora

BoredWaiting4Aurora New Member

Omg thats crazy dope!:D

Nov 12, 2009
  10. Stephen Palmer

Stephen Palmer author of novels

I'm new to this forum, and delighted to see this sub-section. I absolutely loved Exodus, and made sure my college library got it in for our students...

Dec 22, 2009
  11. Julie Bertagna

Julie Bertagna author

Thank you and a belated welcome!

Feb 11, 2010
  12. Julie Bertagna

Julie Bertagna author

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the EXODUS or EXODUS INTO A MOVIE thread...;)

Here is a brilliant Youtube animation of Mara on her stormy island and meeting Fox in the Weave for the first time. It's just as I imagined it. Thanks to James at Ravensbourne College. I love it. :)

THE WEAVE - enjoy.

"This is an animatic which I worked on within a group for a storyboard project on my degree at Ravensbourne College," says James' biog.

Mar 10, 2010
  13. lilypad

lilypad Member

Lol in my school libary its the other way round... i saw zenith and it just looked soo cool!!! Then i found out it was continued... renewed it twice before finding exodus and booking it :D:D

Apr 30, 2010