Recommended books?

Haven't read that one :)
One reason I liked Timothy Zahn's books is that if a character isn't needed, he isn't used (sorry Chewie!). It makes less of the annoying moments which some authors have created just so that a fan favourite character tagging along can be useful.

It's amazing, isn't it? Zahn often employs several characters. He hasn't created a boring, or needless one yet.

Weren't Thrawn and Pellaeon great. If they weren't Holmes and Watson, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Pellaeon really comes into his own when he's working alone. I love the way the Empire ends up :)
And Thrawn is one of the best things to happen in the Star Wars canon. He seems to real to me when I read the books, and the ways he deals with his mistakes are far better than the standard imperial Admiral.
Noghri rule! It's like a race of Ninjas

Yeah, the Empire did end up sort of closing out well. They're what the separatist systems should have been, existing in peace with the Republic, only they're predominantly human.

I personally always suggest the Han Solo trilogy (The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, and Rebel Dawn) when I give my opinion on the best Star Wars books. Seeing him grow from childhood to seeing him in his first relationship, and even to him seeing Princess Leia for the first time...it was quite the awesome series of books.

I also really liked the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy (The Mandalorian Armor, Slave Ship, and Hard Merchandise)...Boba Fett has always been my favorite character in the SW universe and it was interesting to read about him at his strongest and at his weak.

I also really liked Planet of Twilight, but I sometimes like to read a sappy story that makes me internally cringe.

I liked "The Paradise Snare"

Han can really throw down when he has to.:D I own "The Hutt Gambit" and "Rebel Dawn" but have yet to read them. I still have to finish "The Mandalorian Armor"

So much to do, so little time.

Mandalorian Armour is good but confusing. I am now the owner of Slave Ship but yet to read it. I don't know where I will get Hard Merchandise from though.

My last book was Darksaber which was OK. The next one I just bought is Specter of the Past.

The Jedi Academy trilogy I read last year. Not bad.

The Jedi Academy Trilogy was pretty good. Edit: I always did like Exar Kun, Though the ending was somewhat...I dunno, unbelievable.

"Darksaber" went well with it.

I had to wait a year for that book to come out. I really had high hopes for it at the time.

Well, I've been disappointed before. It wasn't bad, though.

Mandalorian Armour is good but confusing. I am now the owner of Slave Ship but yet to read it. I don't know where I will get Hard Merchandise from though.
I was okay with the entire story until I got to the middle of "Hard Merchandise"...then I gave up for a while and had to come back to it later. It was a hard trilogy to follow for me, but I enjoyed the way everything came to a close in the end. And it was also a hard one for me to find as well, but I got lucky enough to find it in a little used book store, so if you have any of those around, you might want to try!

And C of K, "The Paradise Snare" rocked my socks as well. "The Hutt Gambit" is probably my favorite of the three though, and the entire series is just great for giving good background information on a great character. Even just the exposure to Jabba the Hutt and family made the three books well worth the read and I liked the introduction of Lando Calrissian and getting the full scoop on how Solo won the Falcon.

A good one to avoid..."The Courtship of Princess Leia". That one was a rough read for me, personally!

I'll make a note to read those soon as I get a quick moment.
"Courstship of Princess Leia" was ok, I think, but it was sort of SOAPY too. Han did get quite a big role in it, although his were all the SOAP parts:rolleyes:

The young Han Solo books weren't bad, but the only reason I read the courtship was because I wanted to find out more about warlord Zsinj.

The young Han Solo books weren't bad, but the only reason I read the courtship was because I wanted to find out more about warlord Zsinj.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Amazing how Zsinj was hardly in that book. I mean, he was mentioned at the beginning , and he was at the end, but everything in between... Well, I guess those witches made up for it.