Corrections to the bibliography?

Teresa Edgerton

Goblin Princess
Staff member
Supporter
Since that thread all seems to be lists, I didn't know whether it was appropriate to comment there, and so this thread. (Which Brian should feel free to delete or otherwise dispose of as he sees fit.)

Anyway, what a comprehensive bibliography! There are books and stories listed there that I had no idea existed (and mean to look up).

But I noticed one definite error and a couple of items I think were mistakes. "From Elfland to Poughkeepsie" is not a novel. It's an essay which appears (possibly among other places) in The Language of the Night. Also, some of the other titles that were listed as novels are, I believe, either short stories or collections (or both).

From Elfland to Poughkeepsie is listed as a novel - all the listings are links to where you can find the item and since it is listed for purchase as a novel we'll have to assume that it is. As for the others, you don't mention the names so I can't say whether they are incorrect or not. Thanks for keeping us honest though!

But the link goes to a site which does NOT sell the book, and ultimately sends you off to amazon -- where the title is not listed as a novel, and turns out to be, in fact, 31 pages long. If it's a novel (at least 40,000 words), the print would have to be just about microscopic to fit on 31 pages. Instead, it appears that a small press has made a chapbook of this (excellent and influential) essay.

I got the list for the bibliography from the source listed. I am by no means an expert on Ursula K LeGuin, so any corrections are welcome.:)

If you like, I can move it to the short story section.

Well, it should probably go in with the non-fiction, since it isn't a story, short or long.

I'm not an expert on LeGuin either, but I do know that one essay very well, since (in some circles anyway) its by way of being regarded as holy writ for fantasy writers.

Corrections are always welcome - if there's any information on the site that is obviously wrong, we just look daft if it's not fixed. :)

So if anybody sees anything on the bio threads that perhaps requires correcting, feel free to raise the issue, either on that thread or on a new one asking about the matter. :)