Wikipedia-Characters...The Fool?

TheBlueFool

Registered User...ooh yeh
Oooh anything I like? The possibilities are so end
Ok I am obsessed enough with these books that I even looked up the characters on Wikipedia. :rolleyes:
And there is a little text on the Fool that confuses me.

"It is said that the Fool knows everything before it happens and that he knows if anyone, anywhere speaks of him. Others say it is just his great love of saying 'I warned you so!' and that he takes his most obscure sayings and twists them into prophecies. Perhaps sometimes this has been so, but in many a well-witnessed cases, he has predicted, however obscurely, events that later came to pass. The Fool came to Buckkeep in the seventeenth year of King Shrewd's reign, but from where has always been a common question amongst the citizens of the keep. Many stories have arisen, one being that he was captive of the Red Ship raiders and Bingtown traders seized him from them. Another is that the Fool was found as a baby upon a small boat shielded from the sun by a parasol of sharkskin and cushioned on a bed of heather and lavender."

Where did that information arise in the books? I can't remember if it was perhaps Fitz's or the people of Buckkeeps own speculations on the Fool in the Farseer trilogy, maybe in Assassin's Apprentice; as I wasn't so in love with the Fool then and didn't scrutinise every piece of information revealed about him. I don't own a copy of any book of that trilogy so I can't check it out.
Can anyone else shed any light on this?

Many stories have arisen, one being that he was captive of the Red Ship raiders and Bingtown traders seized him from them. Another is that the Fool was found as a baby upon a small boat shielded from the sun by a parasol of sharkskin and cushioned on a bed of heather and lavender."

If any of that is mentioned in any of the books, Farseer or Tawny Man (or Liveship), then I don't recall it at all. I’ve read both the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies multiple times and the Liveship Trader books twice, and I think I would remember something like that.

It is Wikipedia, and anybody can change things on it and mess it up. A few months ago I was on there reading a page about the upcoming 7th Harry Potter book and somebody had gone on and randomly stuck in the phrase "DONKEY KONG" all throughout the entire article, which was annoying to say the least. This could be something like that. I do like Wikipedia for easy access to a wide variety of information, however it isn't the most reliable source.

Yea man, I dont remember most of that. I think i remember something about being found as a baby but im almost certain none of that paragrah is true. I think someone was just screwing around. Something may have been written about that in the italics at the start of a chapter though.

I started reading "the assassin's apprantice" again, and found that quote
at the opening of chapter 9 !! :)