Gridlinked-Cut Chapter?

Coolhand

Spiff's Stunt Double
Hi Neal.

Just finished reading and enjoying Grindlinked. (Gotta love Mr Crane. Dude needs his own spin-off book;) ) However, I've heard rumours that there was a cut final chapter that didn't make the published edit, but went into a bit more detail about the events of the ending. Is that true or is this simply internet twaddle?

If it's true, what did we miss?

There is a spin-off book! It's called Brass Man. And I'm definitely going to buy that next, Crane was my favourite character in Gridlinked.

Neal, thank you for writing Brass Man. My soul wept at the end of Gridlinked when

Mr. Crane died

Brass Man is one of Neal's Best books, I reckon.

I hadn't heard about a cut chapter - intruiging!

There is a spin-off book! It's called Brass Man. And I'm definitely going to buy that next, Crane was my favourite character in Gridlinked.

ROCK ON! I was going to read Spatteryjay next, but I may change that plan...

Rayne Longfox said:
I hadn't heard about a cut chapter - intruiging!

Yeah, I can't remember where I read about that but it was before I actually got hold of the novel. One of my quibbles with the book (Which I enjoyed nevertheless) is that the ending could have done with a bit more in the way of explaination. But maybe I was mis-informed.

Dang so the Dragon was really Mr Johnson the janitor. And he would have got away with too if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

There wasn't a cut chapter, just an explanation that seemed too 'Scooby-doo-ish'. It's on my website here The End

Btw, the order of the books is: 1. Gridlinked 2. The Line of Polity 3. Brass Man 4. Polity Agent 5. Line War

Ah, right. Thanks for that Neal. Actually, having read through that explanation, I did guess most of it from the existing text in the book. Just the "escape pod bit" got past me.

Right, Line of Polity it is then. Where did I put that bookstore...?

Andrew, yeah, that was apparently how the reader felt about that bit. Then again, that same reader (the agent Simon Kavanagh) made numerous other suggestions that improved the book no end.

Coolhand, go get it. I know I shouldn't make excuses but, Gridlinked was my first real book, and it was written over eight years ago.