No more block!

Hey that's great, nothing like getting on a word roll! Write till you can't write no more! :D

Well done! I'm having somewhat of a dry spell myself, so it's always good to hear that writer's block can be overcome!:)

I don't suffer from writer's block:p

I suffer from lazyness and from exams and other study-like and social obligations...

No if I want to write the words always come in about 15 minutes.

Wow thats awesome! Congrats, and when will you be sharing this?????

I have to write 10 articles of 1000-1500 words by monday. Im soooo not motivated. I'd rather procrastinate on the net. Plus, its not what I WANT to write, but I haven't made any sustainable income writing what I want to write anyways........

Stupid writing stupid articles stupid stupid stupid.

Yes, and I'll say it again. Stupid.

:D

I would gladly write some articles instead of having to know every single detail about buddhism for an oral examination.
try to remember this term for example:
abhil?p?bhisa?sk?ra-pratibh?sasya svabh?vasya

indeed my point exactly

*gives scalem a chill pill*
"Relax dahling, this too, will pass"

*gives daisybee a bow*
"Over 4,000 now"

*offers talysia one detail*
"I haven't been near this in over a year and everytime before that......nothing would come.... so yes, eventually something will come! Keep trying."

*gives rane a sledge hammer to match her own*
"Let's get this wall down!"

*tells dustinzgirl that she'll gladly share some of it! And also lends her a muse from her personal collection*
"Get those articles done!"

I tried bludgeoning through it the other night. I managed seven sentances:confused:

And that was mostly to avoid revision:(

Well at least you WROTE something. For over a year I would systematically open word, find the file, open that...read through all eighty plus pages to remind myself of the story again...and then sit there...light a cigarrette...take a drink...glare at the screen...put my fingers on the keyboard...look all around the room....light another cigarrette...glare some more....and eventually close the file. It was no good at all. There was nothing forthcoming. And in the end, I had resigned myself to never finishing it. And then...today...the words came.

Hurray:D

I guess the main problem for me is still a lack of inspiration. Because I've got nothing to build on, it's a new start each time I try, so nothing came out, mainly.

Well I've done over five and a half thousand words today so I reckon a good night's sleep is in order!

Rane I find that starting a book is infinitely easier than finishing one. But eventually something will give you inspiration!

G'night all!

That's great. I think my total for a single day is 10,000. It can be exhausting.

Writer's block- assuming it isn't laziness, if you're experiencing it consistently, you may have problems with your plot that you haven't discovered yet. Or maybe your characters aren't quite right for what you want them to be. It's worth looking for plot holes and asking yourself questions.

And then there's the habit of writing- if you write a lot on a regular basis, you get your writing muscles in shape and it is literally easier to write more, more often. All I can suggest is to pay attention to the world around you, which is also a useful skill that can be developed- one day I looked at the front page of the paper, and saw in it the ending to a story I was writing. And another time the end of one book suggested (distantly) the end of another I was working on (of course, mine is way cooler). Also branch out of what you normally read or even watch. If you get desperate enough to hit a word limit (though it may not work for everyone) you might find yourself grabbing for whatever plot points are near at hand, and things will find their way into your story that otherwise you wouldn't have paid attention to.