KoTOR

Agreed, but oh to find those books.

I'm more of a first person shooter kind of guy to be honest. I only got on the net in about July of last year so i haven't played any games on line. I would imagine that it really changes the game play.

Still, i like the immersive stories in games (HL2, Jedi Knight, KOTOR anyone). I'd also like to point our that the stories are improing in games. I'd go as far as to say that they held more originality that some movies out today.

Stories are improving in a lot of games.

But then there's all those Metal Gear Solid 2s out there.

I'm still trying to figure out which demon from hell wrote that script.
It had to be a cursed and tortured soul, wanting nothing more than for the rest of us to burn beside it.

Lol. Not only was the script horrible, but the game was more like 10 hours of scripted scenes, and two hours of actual play.

I never gave the metal Gear Solid series a second look after that one, so I can't speak for the more recent releases, but if the same people are behind it... *shudders

I tried to load this last week, but it won't play on my PC. Will it play with Vista?

The one thing about KOTOR games, is they are incredibly glitchy. Once you know how to navigate through all the the glitches, you can have fun. Expect headaches from time to time, when you will want to lift your pc, and chuck it into a wall.

People have played Kotor on Vista, but many have had trouble. Here are a few examples, with some possible solutions. The last post might be the one that worked best. I'll check around the net for more solutions to this problem.

Stories are improving in a lot of games.

But then there's all those Metal Gear Solid 2s out there.

I'm still trying to figure out which demon from hell wrote that script.
It had to be a cursed and tortured soul, wanting nothing more than for the rest of us to burn beside it.

Lol. Not only was the script horrible, but the game was more like 10 hours of scripted scenes, and two hours of actual play.

I never gave the metal Gear Solid series a second look after that one, so I can't speak for the more recent releases, but if the same people are behind it... *shudders

The guy behind it is one of the most respected and admired Video Game producers/directors/writers out there.

Is anyone going to get "Star Wars - The Old Republic" when it comes out? I posted the trailer here a couple of weeks ago. It was incredible.

The guy behind it is one of the most respected and admired Video Game producers/directors/writers out there.

Yes, he is. And I enjoyed Metal Gear Solid. I raged at Metal Gear Solid 2, and never touched the series again, for fear I would suffer mentally. After spending money on it, that is my honest opinion. when I see antics, such as I witnessed in the second game, I have to wonder why he veered away from such foolishness in the first game.

Me speculating: It's because the people buying the first game were getting their first real big taste of Kojima, and so he gave them an actual game, that was fun and involved. But with great success comes great responsibility. With the second game I got less than half a game, and more than half a movie. And the longer I played, the more rediculous the game/movie seemed to get.

I don't respect, or admire, Metal Gear Solid 2

Yes, he is. And I enjoyed Metal Gear Solid. I raged at Metal Gear Solid 2, and never touched the series again, for fear I would suffer mentally. After spending money on it, that is my honest opinion. when I see antics, such as I witnessed in the second game, I have to wonder why he veered away from such foolishness in the first game.

Me speculating: It's because the people buying the first game were getting their first real big taste of Kojima, and so he gave them an actual game, that was fun and involved. But with great success comes great responsibility. With the second game I got less than half a game, and more than half a movie. And the longer I played, the more rediculous the game/movie seemed to get.

I don't respect, or admire, Metal Gear Solid 2

3 and 4 are fantastic.

I recall reading that Kojima changed the story of Metal Gear Solid 2. It was meant to be set in the middle east but because of something going on...ahh here it is on wikipedia

According to Hideo Kojima in the documentary Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1, the original plot of the game revolved around nuclear weapon inspections in Iraq and Iran and had Solid Snake trying to stop the Metal Gear while it was located on an aircraft carrier, in a certain time limit, while trying to stop Liquid Snake and his group. However, about six months into the project the Middle East began to heat up again and they decided that they couldn't make a game with such a plot. The tanker in the released game is based on this original plot.
Significant changes to the game's ending were made late in development following the September 11 attacks in New York, where the finale occurs. A sequence depicting Arsenal Gear's displacement of the Statue of Liberty and crashing through half of Manhattan was removed, as was a short coda to appear after the credits, a breaking newscast showing the Statue of Liberty's new resting place, Ellis Island. At the point where Solidus dies, Raiden was supposed to have cut the rope on Federal Hall's flagpole, causing an American flag to fall over Solidus' body, and American flags which were supposed to be on all the flagpoles in New York were removed from the title.[64]
MGS2 was also intended to reference the novel City of Glass, notably in the naming of its characters.[65] Raiden's support team originally featured a field commander named Daniel Quinn (simply referred as the "Colonel" in-game); Maxine "Max" Work, an Asian woman who saves game data and quotes Shakespeare, and William "Doc" Wilson, the creator of GW. All take their names from key characters in the book, and all three would have turned out to be artificial intelligences. None of these characters survived to the final edition, their roles being absorbed by other characters, namely the "Colonel Campbell" simulation, Rose, and Emma Emmerich. Peter Stillman, however, takes his name from another City of Glass character.[66]

OK. I can at least respect his reasons for changing the story. He displayed good taste in that regard. I might try the other games in the future. :)

I will probably get The Old Republic when it comes out :) I'll want to try it, at least. I love the star wars universe, and the Kotor world is a lot more interesting than the world in the movies.

I'm addicted to Kotor and Kotor2 and right now I'm playing the first game as evil and the second as good.

Quick question out to people.

A friend of mine has recently become a Mac user and is wondering if KotOR is available on Mac. Does anyone know?

Note to self: must play KotOR again.

I've checked out the Lucasarts web site and they don't have a Mac version listed. Sorry.

Damn, I'll tell him to use Crossover or something to make it work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eradius Lore Game Discussions 0