KoTOR

Apparently, someone who was recently fired from LucasArts said KotOR 3 is in development as a MMO.

This disappoints me, I would rather it offline. I hope it is not true.

While waiting for KOTOR3. Mass Effect is a good alternative fix :)
Apart from my PC going into shock every time more than 4 enemies spawn, it's great fun to play :p

not wrong Joel... i thought ME would end up being just a lame KOTOR clone... but the story really is engrossing. i think its the Player Character having actual spoken lines... thats new and different... and awesome.

Knights of the Old Repubic is an awesome game. It's my favorite video game. I didn't get into video games until I played it. A friend told me about it. So I rented it and played a little, then bought it!
I'm still hoping for a 3rd one to be made!!!
Check the biware-knights of the old republic forums to talk with other gamers and pros. They will also give you the update on if a 3rd game will be made.

Has anyone heard anything lately on the third one? I haven't. I hope its still on the books.

Given the successes of the others I'm sure they will make a third one. I haven't heard anything recently but most of the best games are underhyped anyway :)

Kotor 3?

Gametrailers.com - Star Wars: The Old Republic - Video Documentary HD

This isn't actually KOTOR 3. The game is called Star Wars: The Old Republic.

It is MMO, though. A lot of the people who left comments on gametrailers.com about the video seemed disappointed for one reason or another. After all these years, I guess my expectations have dissolved. I really see nothing wrong with this. If it does good, Bioware may actually get to make KOTOR 3.

Mmm I'm with you C of K. It doesn't look too bad at all. And yes if it goes well bring on KOTOR 3

PLAY IT. A LOT. That is the only game besides Mass Effect that I've played through seven times, just to make sure I didn't forget anything. Also, it helps if you take a break in between KotOR I and II because it will be much more meaningful.

As for Mass Effect, I actually like ME more because any time I got into any big fight in KotOR, the frame rate dropped with a religious passion.

I'm very disappointed that not only is there no new KotOR III, but SW: ToR is PC exclusive so far. I have a Mac. Which means I have to rely on my Xbox 360 for all my gaming endeavors. Hopefully, however, once it releases, the Austin studio can branch back to single-player RPG's, and move to KotOR III. and if not them, then maybe Obsidian can step it up after Alpha Protocol and make it.

Last edited:
Do mods work on the xbox version?

I used to have the frame rate problem, but I upgraded my cpu. A lot. Now the play is so smooth, the graphics are a hundred times better, and the game is much more fun.

I discovered that the stealth option was actually supposed to give your character a rippling transparent look, instead of a bunch of electric currents crawling over your body. I also discovered that force run in KOTOR II is supposed to make the surroundings blur behind you. There was an overall lack of luster when played on my old cpu.

Do mods work on the xbox version?

I used to have the frame rate problem, but I upgraded my cpu. A lot. Now the play is so smooth, the graphics are a hundred times better, and the game is much more fun.

I discovered that the stealth option was actually supposed to give your character a rippling transparent look, instead of a bunch of electric currents crawling over your body. I also discovered that force run in KOTOR II is supposed to make the surroundings blur behind you. There was an overall lack of luster when played on my old cpu.

No, mods and and anything of the sort, can't be done on an xbox. Believe me, I'd like to.

I don't even think that the xbox versions had the surroundings blur behind you. Hmm, something to check in the future...

Well the games are great without the mods. The PC version is so messed up with glitches that you have to become adept at altering the product with downloaded patches.

Thus, many people become introduced to mods through KOTOR. I think KOTOR was the first game I ever hacked. Some mods are pretty cool. There was a group of people that almost succeeded in restoring all the parts of KOTOR II that were left out of the game. They disbanded before finishing their mod.

They did release the unfinished product, but installing it was a bit confusing because all the files were scattered about through fifty, or more, folders. I tried installing it, but it made my game glitch while I was in the middle of the Droid factory world M4-78.

This mod was to be explosive. The Sith Lords Restoration Trailer

I have both of these at home and i'm really looking forward to playing. I need to make some time to start. They could take me out of the loop for weeks. The wife won't appreciate.

Anyone also up for the new TOR online game when it comes out?

First play through of the KotoR series = Good.

Wife = Frightening...sometimes...;)

I might play ToR. It depends greatly on my financial situation, and how much time I have. I've never been interested in MMO games, especially the ones that cost money.

I only want to pay for a game once, but there are a lot of people who like MMO. So if you do, I say GO FOR IT!

I've never played an MMO although i am intrigued. I do like the idea of being in a completely new imersive universe, but i am concerned about how addictive that could be. There's always something in the papers about someone dying after spending 36 hours playing an online game. Is real life that bad?

It's like these forums, you go on to discuss Something that you love (In this case Science Fiction), you meet a lot of people on line who are also into the same thing and start discussing. Electronic friendships form and th whole thing can be quite addictive.

Yes, the reason I don't play World of Warcraft isn't because I wouldn't enjoy it (from all accounts it's an excellent game), but because of the time and regularity of participation it would require to keep up with whatever guild I would have to join. By all accounts the joy of an MMO is being an integral part of a larger raiding group, otherwise it's just a load of single player games at once.*

I prefer to keep my RPG games interruptable, so that I don't become too immersed. There's always the odd weekend day when I do get a chance to sink in and enjoy the creativity and detail that has gone into a game world (currently - Fallout 3), but I find that life is too short to spend grinding away at one more level...

A well chosen book will always eclipse a game, for me anyway.*

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eradius Lore Game Discussions 0