The Revived Tolkien Trivia

Finally I got one but now I don't have a question (could be because I'm at school) so when I get home I will post one up.

Also whats with the bells?

Bells... well, in a previous Trivia, Nesacat gave you a bell if you answered a question correctly. Don't ask why; it's a long story and includes a kraken and red underpants...

Right...Anyway here we have a new question, a very easy one because I have to do other stuff.

Was Tuor's Wedding with Idril the first or second between the Eldar and Edain?

Second.

Then there was made a great and joyful feast, for Tuor had won the hearts of all that people, save only of Maeglin and his secret following; and thus there came to pass the second union of Elves and Men.
The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, XXIII Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin.

Why yes that it was. I couldn't really think of a harder question. Over to you.

A thrush, a snail.
There on the grey stone in the grass was an enormous thrush, nearly coal-black, its pale yellow breast freckled with dark spots.Crack! It had caught a snail and was knocking it on the stone. Crack! Crack!
Hobbit: Chapter 11: On the Doorstep

*ting*

"O beautiful ones, parents of beautiful children."

Who's greeting who?

Then Treebeard said farewell to each of them in turn, and he bowed three time slowly and with great reverance to Celeborn and Galdriel. 'It is long, long since we met by stock and stone, A vanimar, vanim[SIZE=-1]á[/SIZE]lion nostari!' he said.
The Lord Of The Rings, The Return Of The King VI, Chapter VI Many Partings

Treebeard's greeting to Celeborn and Galadriel meant 'O beautiful ones, parents of beatiful children.'
The Letters Of J.R.R. Tolkien, No. 230 From A Letter To Rhona Beare.

What? Nothing? Oh, you moved your hand so I thought you raised it to answer the question...

Ho ho.
I know who it is, of course - but finding the reference is a little harder. So far I can only trace one, in The War of the Jewels, which, of course, is not on the list.

To keep this running... Name me who you think it is, if correct, I'll add the quote and give the floor to you...

Ulmo A Vala, one of the Aratar, called Lord of Waters and King of the Sea. The name was interpreted by the Eldar to mean 'The Pourer' [...]
The Silmarillion, Index of Names

Well, of course I found that, but I discounted it because it does not occur in the main body of the book, or is there any etymology to explain it. And I went through every page reference that follows the index entry, too!:eek::rolleyes:

Ah, well.

Who originally has a dream about "the Great Wave, towering up" that eventually drowns Numenor?

I couldn't help but thinking this was a trick question... And I guess I was right...

I mean the terrible recurrent dream (beginning with memory) of the Great Wave, towering up, and coming in eneluctably over the trees and green fields. (I bequeathed it to Faramir.)
The Letter Of J.R.R. Tolkien, No. 163 To W.H. Auden.

So, the answer to the question would be: "J.R.R. Tolkien."