The Discworld Diaries

Last night I finished Interesting Times. I heard people saying they didn't like this one, or the Counterweight Continent. I have to say, I did like it a lot. Funny how people (and I believe this included Pratchett himself) don't really like Rincewind any more, but I strongly disagree. Rincewind is funny, and, of course, we had to run into Twoflower. Halfway the book I thought: it would be funny if Twoflower had written that book. And obviously he did. I enjoyed it lots.

Wellnow! I only have Maskerade left to read. What will I do: read it, or wait until I've got* some new Discworlds?

*Read this as "or wait until I've got given some new Discworlds?

Maskerade was fun. I've never read The Phantom of the Opera though, I might have gotten more from it otherwise.
Don't forget how much fun it is to re-read Pratchett :) I'd say go ahead and read the next one, unless you have other things to do that have been neglected during your readings.

bloody hell, still going are ya, how you enjoying pTerry...?

(new name, old member)

If you've a few minutes, Marky, can you list the ones you've read to date, cos there's a big gap for August and September...

I'm reading them as they've been published. So I've just started Jingo which means I've read: Colour of Magic; Light Fantastic; Equal Rites; Sourcercy; Wyrd Sisters; Pyramids: Guards! Guards!; Eric; Moving Pictures; Reaper Man; Witches Abroad; Small Gods; Lords and Ladies; Men at Arms; Soul Music; Interesting Times; Maskerade; Feet of Clay; Hogfather. And also The Last Hero as it was a present.

Jingo and The Last Continent are finished. Carpe Jugulum about 100 pages in...

You're nearly up with the rest of us, Marky, drumming our fingers on the table impatiently, waiting for the latest one...:D

Okay, I've just finished Thief of Time and, say, 75pp into The Truth. I've picked up the Pratchett fever once more. And it comes at a brilliant time with my upcoming exam on American Literature... :rolleyes:

I'll probably finish The Truth later today...

Hm... that sounds like I'm going to take up the profession of liar now, doesn't it?

I liked*The Truth, and I enjoyed seeing William de Worde pop up in some of the other books as well. It's nice to see these characters from someone else's point of view.*

Just like William's opinion of Vimes :D

And can someone explain the random addition of asterisks to my writings? They just appear when I hit post!*

They indicate when boys've been naughty.

So, I moved on to Maurice and that reads almost too quickly. It's good that I'll be away tonight or else I would start Night Watch tomorrow.

Night Watch is one of my favourites :) Vimes is always good fun to read about.*

I've almost finished my book pile, just starting Ian M Bank's Player of Games now. Then onwards to whichever Pratchett or Fforde book comes out next!*

If I had to pick a favourite TP at gunpoint, Night Watch would be the one I'd choose, Marky.

Enjoy!...:D

Back