My favorite thing is the soundtrack. That song that's techno but has piano interludes is the best. Also the song over the end credits...I think it's Rage Against the Machine.

I've seen the first movie several times, but the second and third only once, so I don't feel like like I can compare them.

The soundtrack is good, I have all 3 but I prefer the first and second films.

I'm not overly keen on the other two, the first is great even as just a stand alone.

I loved the first film; it had the kind of "wow" factor you don't get all that often. Reloaded and Revolutions...meh. They looked nice, but that was about it for me.

The first film had a totally different feel from the next 2. I liked the way you had no idea what was going to happen next.

It seems most prefer the first film to the following two. I certainly do, the first film is amazing (I can stillwatch it now, for about the tenth time or something, and still pick up on something I missed in all the previous viewings!) I've watched the second one but certainly didn't enjoy it much, and I haven't even bothered trying to watch the third one (probably should one day, just to see how it all ends!) And yeah, I agree with Joel in how the first one does seem to have a different feeling to it. An awesome feeling. :D

I think it was never meant to make Reloaded and Revolutions when The Wachowski Brothers made The Matrix; that's why the sequels have a different feel about them. It looks like they set the bar too high in the first movie; you can hardly blame the sequels that they weren't as good as their predecessor.

The thing that I like the most about the trilogy is that there's so much philosophy and what-not in it that the average viewer hasn't the slightest of notice of.

Yes I love that about The Matrix, I watched it first when i was 8 and of course didn't get it, but now everytime I see it I notice something I didn't before. I really love the scene where the oracle says "would you still have broken the vase if I hadn't said anything?" It's mind boggling to me, but then lots of things are.

On the same level, but better, I like it when Smith throws the bowl of cookies off the table in Revolutions.

I like the first best, as well.

Let us not forget, however, that the Mirovingian and the trainman did not show up until after. Those characters alone made the other movies worth the watch.

The first was probably best because the audience was discovering everything as Neo made discoveries. By the beginning of the other films, Neo had left us all behind. There was little he could not do.

The sequels looked great, and there were still twists and turns, but, I like the first best.

Okay I LOVE this movie and we need a new thread to discuss it in so i'm starting it. What is your favorite thing about the matrix movies, and how do you feel the 2nd and 3rd compared to the first?

This was one of my favorites. I loved the movies. My favorite was the first one, but I liked the other 2 as well. I like the shock factor of the 1st movie, I like the new characters in the 2nd one, and I like the Neo/Smith fight scene in the last one and the Machine lands.

I have to say the first was the best, but I did enjoy the other two. The first one was just so unlike anything I had seen before, and took a couple of viewings to understand everything that was going on. :) Like Marky Lazer said, I don't think it was meant to be a trilogy, and so considering that I think the second two were pretty good in continiuing on the story.

I really enjoyed the the first movie. I remember when my friend put it on, I had never even heard about it, I was in the bush all summer. He had seen it once already and I was blown away, never knowing really what to expect. The clincher though was when Morpheus say he will take Neo to the Oracle, I turned to my buddy Addy and said "whos the Oracle?', he said "You'll see." Then 2 seconds later in the movie Neo asks Tank the exact same thing and tank says 'youll see", sent chills down my spine lol.

I also really liked the Animatrix especially the story of B166ER.

The first movie was absolutely incredible and quite ground breaking. It ranks up there amongst my favourite films.

I'm at a bit of a turmoil with the Matrix Reloaded. Sometimes i'll watch it and think its good (even numbered viewings funnily enough) and sometimes i'll watch it and hate it (odd numbered viewings.)

I realy enjoyed the telling of the back story in the cartoons. A few more of these would have been good to expand on the Matrix somewhat.

As for the Matrix Revolutions, i really cannot see how they thought they were going to get away with that ending. I don't know, maybe i need to see it again, but i cannot bring myself to it. Do you think we were spoiled with the Matrix and nothing could have lived up to it?

That said, there were some good concepts running throughout the series.

Back