Seriously, read Mordant's Need

I have loved the TC series since I was 8, and when I was 20, i re-read them with my (then) GF and she really got into them, and discovered Mordant's Need all by herself. But I never actually touched it till a couple of years ago, and while I enjoyed it, I kinda felt it was lacking something.. Then I read the GAP and was absolutely transfixed.
In my opinion they're all really good, they all have strong characters and great conflicts, but MN is not quite up there with the other two for me..

I loved this duology, I was however quite frustrated that it was pretty obvious to the readers about 1/4 of the way through the first book who the traitors were. The following inability of the main characters to see it was quite annoying.

I enjoyed the two book series years ago. Characters and plot really kept me reading. I decided to try the audiobook and it reminded me of how slow some of Donaldson's writing and scenes can be. With an audiobook you can't skim for details and information, which has made it a less satisfying experience. :(

This was one of the books my husband recommended I read, soon after we met, when we were still in the book-swapping stage. I quite enjoyed Mordant's Need, but I thought the ending was rushed. I had the mental image of his editor/agent/whoever, standing over him tapping a foot and looking at their watch every two seconds.

Thomas Covenant... I gave up on that after about a chapter and a half. It was the bit where the Evil Villain (Lord Foul! Really? Is that what his mother calls him?) goes into great detail about his plans for World Domination. But then, the rather grandiloquent style of a lot of 1970s fantasy isn't really my sort of thing.

Thomas Covenant... I gave up on that after about a chapter and a half. It was the bit where the Evil Villain (Lord Foul! Really? Is that what his mother calls him?) goes into great detail about his plans for World Domination. But then, the rather grandiloquent style of a lot of 1970s fantasy isn't really my sort of thing.
It took me two tries to get through Lord Foul's Bane. But once I did, I was really glad, as I especially enjoyed the subsequent two novels in the trilogy. The second trilogy, lacked some but I still read and enjoyed it for the most part, although I was sort of rooting for Linden Avery to die.

I started listening to the third entry into the series (I think it ended at 4 books?), and just couldn't manage it. I don't think Donaldson's books 'translate' to audio very well.

This was one of the books my husband recommended I read, soon after we met, when we were still in the book-swapping stage. I quite enjoyed Mordant's Need, but I thought the ending was rushed. I had the mental image of his editor/agent/whoever, standing over him tapping a foot and looking at their watch every two seconds.

There could actually be an element of truth in what you say. When I bought Gilden Fire (a chapter omitted from The Illearth War and later published as a standalone short novel), Donaldson admits in the introductory notes that he has a serious habit of over-writing so the idea of an editor telling him just to get on with it does not seem impossible:)