I need help remembering the title of a book :)

SaviorSe1f

First of all, let me say hello, I am a new to the community. Found this website on an all-night search for this elusive title.

I read the book about 6 or 7 years ago, it was about 3 children (I think) who were trained to fight a war using an almost video-game like interface.

One of the children had to learn how to move these "soldiers" by placing his hands micro-meters away from them, without touching, and using the energy around his body to "push" the pieces. One of the other children, I believe was a tactical genius.

The war was being fought over the last fertile continent on the planet (i believe the children lived in biospheres of some kind)

My memory of the book is really bad, but I do know that I LOVED it and would love to read it again. If anyone knows what the book is, please leave a reply!

thanks in advance!

Sounds like "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card, but as far as I remember (I read it more than 10 years ago) children were fighting themselves there.

Alright, I will go pick that up, for some reason I think it was a different book tho...

Nope certainly not "Enders Game". It was set on a battlestation in space.

No, it doesn't sound right for Ender's Game; though it's worth reading that, anyway.
Is this a recent book? Last four or five years? I haven't read it, but suspect I read a revue for it.
Now, all I've got to work out is where.