An Ode to the Tamuli

Ha, that reminds me of one of my favourite bits in the Tamuli;

"After I get my real face back." Kalten added adamently.
"Let's do that right now, Xanetia." Aphrael said, "Kalten will nag us about it all night if we don't"
"Nag?" Kalten objected.
"What colour was your hair again, Kalten? Purple, wasn't it?" she asked him with an impish little smile.

I love both Kalten and Aphrael :D

xXx

I know this an 'ode to' thread ... but I got really annoyed at Ehlana over the whole hair thing. She'd been kidnapped and suffered through separation from her daughter and husband and perhaps the worry of keeping Alean safe and when Sparhawk is outside the door she suddenly refuses to come out?

That's female vanity for you, I'd hate for anyone to see me if I had no hair like that

But if you'd been through all that, would your hair really be the first thing you cared about? She'd been separated for months from her family. I went through a situation where I was a hostage (nut with an automatic decided to take my class hostage when I was a teen) and though it didn't last months (just a day and a half) I didn't care how bad I looked getting out - we had just finished with PE and hadn't been able to shower, so uh, we didn't look or smell none to pretty. For me it a lost of moment of realism and conveyed that Ehlana cared far more about herself then her husband.

I think it more conveyed that she didn't want him to see her like that because of how much she cared about him. She wanted to look at least presentable for him, after all he'd been through to get her out. And I wouldn't want anyone to see me with no hair, no matter the situation. I guess it's just personal opinion really.